Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1966 Shelby GT350 sells for $247,500
After watching numerous Ford Mustangs cross the auction block this year Barrett-Jackson we started to notice a new trend: survivor cars are in. Perhaps kicked off by the $385,000 sale of the 1965 Shelby GT500 “Barn Find” last year, original and unrestored cars seem to be all the rage in 2013. This 1966 GT350 was the fourth high-profile unrestored Mustang to be sold and comes with just 21,000 miles on the clock and full documentation from Ford and Shelby. The Raven Black paint and lack of stripe add to the intrigue as well, as its a color combination we rarely see. The final selling price? $247,500.
Survivor car. Never restored, all original, fully documented example of one of the most collectable American muscle cars of all time. This car won the Survivor Award at SAAC, 1994 in Indianapolis, IN. It also won the Chairman’s Award in 2007 at SAAC in Miller Raceway, UT. Fully documented including the order from Burns Ford, Inc in Louisville, KY dated 6/16/66 as well as the invoice from Shelby American, Inc dated 6/22/66. Original title to first owner dated 7/23/66. Invoices from Shelby for warranty claims, documents from subsequent owners as well as several sales contracts. Documented in the SAAC Shelby Registry. All equipment on original invoice is still on the car including Magnum wheels and rear seat. Painted Raven Black with no stripes. Just over 21,000 original miles.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Roush Barrett-Jackson Edition Mustang prototype auctioned off for $100,000
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Galpin 2010 Ford Mustang Convertible Widebody sells for $50,600 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang "Producer" goes for $286,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Mint 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible nets $308,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake nets $154,000
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Photo Gallery: One-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca live at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000