Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang “Producer” goes for $286,000
Our last featured Mustang from the 2013 Barrett-Jackson auction is the famous “Producer” 1965 Mustang built by the Ring Brothers. We first saw this stunning machine at the SEMA show in 2011, and like other cars built by the company, we were completely smitten with the incredible craftsmanship and quality of the build. We weren’t the only ones – after SEMA, Producer went on to win the Goodguys “Street Machine of the Year” award. Those credentials added up to a final selling price of $286,000, the second highest Mustang of the auction behind – you guessed it – the Ring Brothers “Dragon” Mustang.
A 1965 Ford Mustang nicknamed “Producer” and built by the Ringbrothers that claimed the title of the 2012 Goodguys Optima Batteries Street Machine of the Year award. The car, which debuted at SEMA last year, drove off with the top award at the Goodguys 15th PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio. Well known for their ability to transform Mustang’s into modern masterpieces, the Ringbrothers have set the bar even higher with this ’65 Mustang. The body was widened an incredible 4″, highlighted by the custom BASF orange paint, and both the hood and roof are carbon fiber signature Ringbrothers touches. Under the hood is a high compression Keith Craft-built 427cid stroker based on the 351 Windsor small block making 740 crank horsepower.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Rare 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible up for grabs at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Galpin/SPX Widebody Mustang sells for $160,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $275,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Roush and Barrett-Jackson team up for limited edition Mustang
- Custom 2011 Mustang sells at Barrett-Jackson for $91,000
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas