Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang “Producer” goes for $286,000
Our last featured Mustang from the 2013 Barrett-Jackson auction is the famous “Producer” 1965 Mustang built by the Ring Brothers. We first saw this stunning machine at the SEMA show in 2011, and like other cars built by the company, we were completely smitten with the incredible craftsmanship and quality of the build. We weren’t the only ones – after SEMA, Producer went on to win the Goodguys “Street Machine of the Year” award. Those credentials added up to a final selling price of $286,000, the second highest Mustang of the auction behind – you guessed it – the Ring Brothers “Dragon” Mustang.
A 1965 Ford Mustang nicknamed “Producer” and built by the Ringbrothers that claimed the title of the 2012 Goodguys Optima Batteries Street Machine of the Year award. The car, which debuted at SEMA last year, drove off with the top award at the Goodguys 15th PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio. Well known for their ability to transform Mustang’s into modern masterpieces, the Ringbrothers have set the bar even higher with this ’65 Mustang. The body was widened an incredible 4″, highlighted by the custom BASF orange paint, and both the hood and roof are carbon fiber signature Ringbrothers touches. Under the hood is a high compression Keith Craft-built 427cid stroker based on the 351 Windsor small block making 740 crank horsepower.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- One-off 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1968 Ford Mustang 428 CJ Fastback nets $165,000
- SEMA 2010: WD-40 unveils custom 2011 Mustang to benefit charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $170,500
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Alice Cooper's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $51,700
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Mint 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach
- Unique 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet prototype sells for $200,000 at Barrett-Jackson