Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang “Producer” goes for $286,000
Our last featured Mustang from the 2013 Barrett-Jackson auction is the famous “Producer” 1965 Mustang built by the Ring Brothers. We first saw this stunning machine at the SEMA show in 2011, and like other cars built by the company, we were completely smitten with the incredible craftsmanship and quality of the build. We weren’t the only ones – after SEMA, Producer went on to win the Goodguys “Street Machine of the Year” award. Those credentials added up to a final selling price of $286,000, the second highest Mustang of the auction behind – you guessed it – the Ring Brothers “Dragon” Mustang.
A 1965 Ford Mustang nicknamed “Producer” and built by the Ringbrothers that claimed the title of the 2012 Goodguys Optima Batteries Street Machine of the Year award. The car, which debuted at SEMA last year, drove off with the top award at the Goodguys 15th PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio. Well known for their ability to transform Mustang’s into modern masterpieces, the Ringbrothers have set the bar even higher with this ’65 Mustang. The body was widened an incredible 4″, highlighted by the custom BASF orange paint, and both the hood and roof are carbon fiber signature Ringbrothers touches. Under the hood is a high compression Keith Craft-built 427cid stroker based on the 351 Windsor small block making 740 crank horsepower.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Grabber Green 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 nets $220,000
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1965 Shelby GT350 once owned by Ford sells for $242,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ sells for $99,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Classic Design Concepts Flashback Mustang going to Barrett-Jackson auction in January
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- Rare 1970 Shelby GT500 going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Galpin 2010 Ford Mustang Convertible Widebody sells for $50,600 at Barrett-Jackson