Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
Last month we reported that Shelby had launched a new widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang, allowing owners to add an extra six inches to the rear and three inches to the front of their cars. The kit includes front and rear fenders constructed of high-quality fiberglass, 20×10 front and 20×13 rear wheels and 265/35/R20 front and 345/35/R20 rear tires. In total, the package will set you back $17,995.
At the time we only had a handful of pictures of the widebody package, but now we’re happy to say that we can show you plenty more photos of the car. We spotted the company’s own demo car, a Shelby GT, fitted with the widebody kit on display at Barrett-Jackson this past week, and photographed the car extensively to show every detail of the car.
We’re also happy to say that the widebody Shelby GT looks stunning in person – people passing by had nothing but compliments – but the price tag is still a hard pill to swallow. The $18k cost of the package is essentially the same or more than a low mileage 2005-2009 Mustang by itself.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $247,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $275,000
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 brings $291,500
- Hurst Mustang Convertible pace car to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- Shelby to auction 2011 GT350 at the Jordin Sparks Experience