Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
Last month we reported that Shelby had launched a new widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang, allowing owners to add an extra six inches to the rear and three inches to the front of their cars. The kit includes front and rear fenders constructed of high-quality fiberglass, 20×10 front and 20×13 rear wheels and 265/35/R20 front and 345/35/R20 rear tires. In total, the package will set you back $17,995.
At the time we only had a handful of pictures of the widebody package, but now we’re happy to say that we can show you plenty more photos of the car. We spotted the company’s own demo car, a Shelby GT, fitted with the widebody kit on display at Barrett-Jackson this past week, and photographed the car extensively to show every detail of the car.
We’re also happy to say that the widebody Shelby GT looks stunning in person – people passing by had nothing but compliments – but the price tag is still a hard pill to swallow. The $18k cost of the package is essentially the same or more than a low mileage 2005-2009 Mustang by itself.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1965 Shelby GT350 once owned by Ford sells for $242,000
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $115,500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, original 1967 Shelby GT500 sells for $192,500
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford to auction one-off Grabber Blue Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at Barrett-Jackson
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction