Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
Last month we reported that Shelby had launched a new widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang, allowing owners to add an extra six inches to the rear and three inches to the front of their cars. The kit includes front and rear fenders constructed of high-quality fiberglass, 20×10 front and 20×13 rear wheels and 265/35/R20 front and 345/35/R20 rear tires. In total, the package will set you back $17,995.
At the time we only had a handful of pictures of the widebody package, but now we’re happy to say that we can show you plenty more photos of the car. We spotted the company’s own demo car, a Shelby GT, fitted with the widebody kit on display at Barrett-Jackson this past week, and photographed the car extensively to show every detail of the car.
We’re also happy to say that the widebody Shelby GT looks stunning in person – people passing by had nothing but compliments – but the price tag is still a hard pill to swallow. The $18k cost of the package is essentially the same or more than a low mileage 2005-2009 Mustang by itself.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $115,500
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Rare 1965 Shelby GT350R fails to meet reserve at $730,000 at RM's Arizona auction