Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
Last month we reported that Shelby had launched a new widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang, allowing owners to add an extra six inches to the rear and three inches to the front of their cars. The kit includes front and rear fenders constructed of high-quality fiberglass, 20×10 front and 20×13 rear wheels and 265/35/R20 front and 345/35/R20 rear tires. In total, the package will set you back $17,995.
At the time we only had a handful of pictures of the widebody package, but now we’re happy to say that we can show you plenty more photos of the car. We spotted the company’s own demo car, a Shelby GT, fitted with the widebody kit on display at Barrett-Jackson this past week, and photographed the car extensively to show every detail of the car.
We’re also happy to say that the widebody Shelby GT looks stunning in person – people passing by had nothing but compliments – but the price tag is still a hard pill to swallow. The $18k cost of the package is essentially the same or more than a low mileage 2005-2009 Mustang by itself.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $275,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $115,500
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1966 Shelby GT350 sells for $247,500
- Galpin 2010 Ford Mustang Convertible Widebody sells for $50,600 at Barrett-Jackson
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Ford to auction one-off Grabber Blue Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity