Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
Last month we reported that Shelby had launched a new widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang, allowing owners to add an extra six inches to the rear and three inches to the front of their cars. The kit includes front and rear fenders constructed of high-quality fiberglass, 20×10 front and 20×13 rear wheels and 265/35/R20 front and 345/35/R20 rear tires. In total, the package will set you back $17,995.
At the time we only had a handful of pictures of the widebody package, but now we’re happy to say that we can show you plenty more photos of the car. We spotted the company’s own demo car, a Shelby GT, fitted with the widebody kit on display at Barrett-Jackson this past week, and photographed the car extensively to show every detail of the car.
We’re also happy to say that the widebody Shelby GT looks stunning in person – people passing by had nothing but compliments – but the price tag is still a hard pill to swallow. The $18k cost of the package is essentially the same or more than a low mileage 2005-2009 Mustang by itself.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Galpin/SPX Widebody Mustang sells for $160,000
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Roush to Auction Final Production P-51A Mustang for Charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- Grabber Orange 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 to be sold at Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Grabber Green 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 nets $220,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson