Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
Last month we reported that Shelby had launched a new widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang, allowing owners to add an extra six inches to the rear and three inches to the front of their cars. The kit includes front and rear fenders constructed of high-quality fiberglass, 20×10 front and 20×13 rear wheels and 265/35/R20 front and 345/35/R20 rear tires. In total, the package will set you back $17,995.
At the time we only had a handful of pictures of the widebody package, but now we’re happy to say that we can show you plenty more photos of the car. We spotted the company’s own demo car, a Shelby GT, fitted with the widebody kit on display at Barrett-Jackson this past week, and photographed the car extensively to show every detail of the car.
We’re also happy to say that the widebody Shelby GT looks stunning in person – people passing by had nothing but compliments – but the price tag is still a hard pill to swallow. The $18k cost of the package is essentially the same or more than a low mileage 2005-2009 Mustang by itself.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Galpin Auto Sports building custom Boss 429-inspired Mustang for charity
- The top ten most expensive Ford Mustangs sold at auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Rare 1970 Shelby GT500 going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Roush and Barrett-Jackson team up for limited edition Mustang
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson