Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1966 Shelby GT350 sells for $247,500
- 1965 Shelby GT350R going up for auction later this month
- Yacht company proposes Shelby GT500 Super Snake Wagon
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2012 LA Auto Show
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby GTS Police Interceptor Concept imagined
- First annual Carroll Shelby Tribute and Car Show announced for next month
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show
- Historic 1965 Shelby GT350 R up for auction in January