Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Rare 1965 Shelby GT350R fails to meet reserve at $730,000 at RM's Arizona auction
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- New Product: Shelby Fuel Rail Kit for the 2005-2010 Mustang GT
- Live photos of the 2012 Shelby GT350 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake going up for auction in May
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Shelby unveils 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show