Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Shelby, Ford to Continue Building the GT500KR in 2009
- MGW previews its new shifter for the Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: See the first 2013 Shelby GT350 built from start to finish
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- 2nd Annual Carroll Shelby Car Show & Tribute
- Video: Hennessey Shelby GT500 with Venom 600R package on the dyno
- Shelby officially announces 2013 GT350 with new color options
- RK Motors debuts custom 1967 Shelby GT500 RK527
- Used Shelby GT350s selling for more than brand new ones
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson