Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- The legendary Carroll Shelby passes away at age 89
- Photo Gallery: 2016 Shelby GT350 at the LA Auto Show
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake prototype debuts in Monterey
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra unveiled as tribute to Carroll
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- Ford Mustangs take to the track at SAAC 38
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake