Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Video: Modified Shelby GT500 Super Snake does 220 mph in the standing mile
- Used Shelby GT350s selling for more than brand new ones
- Shelby to unveil 800 horsepower 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 sells for $135,300
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- RK Motors debuts custom 1967 Shelby GT500 RK527
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Historic 1965 Shelby GT350 R up for auction in January
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR