Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Galpin Auto Sports named as official Shelby Mod Shop
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Live photos of the 2011 Shelby GT500 from the Chicago Auto Show
- SEMA 2013: Classic Recreations shows off Coyote-powered 1967 Shelby GT500CR
- One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned off for charity at second annual "Get Your Heart Racing" fundraiser
- Shelby to unveil new Mustang at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas