Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2011 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Lowest mileage Ford Mustang Boss 429 in existence going up for auction
- 1965 Shelby GT350R sells for $990,000 at RM auction
- 1965 Shelby GT350R going up for auction later this month
- 2004 Mustang GT-R Concept auctioned off for $110,000
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake going up for auction in May
- Shelby, Ford to Continue Building the GT500KR in 2009
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible