Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Shelby announces start of production of the GTS
- Shelby announces expansion of 2011 GT350 lineup with automatic, naturally aspirated versions
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT350 Anniversary Edition
- Live photos of the 2012 Shelby GT350 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Mint 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach