Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Rare 1965 Shelby GT350R fails to meet reserve at $730,000 at RM's Arizona auction
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- First annual Carroll Shelby Tribute and Car Show announced for next month
- Shelby releases new details, photos for the 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Shelby GT returns for 2014 as post-title package with up to 624 horsepower
- Independent test of 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake results in 10 second 1/4 mile times
- Shelby GTS Police Interceptor Concept imagined
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Shelby announces final specs, 624 horsepower "R" tune option for 2011 GT350