Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Shelby Mustang 45th anniversary celebrated at the Quail Motorsports Gathering
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- 1965 Shelby GT350R added to RM's auction in Monterey
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sells for record $1.3 million at Mecum