Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Shelby donating 2014 GT500 Super Snake package for cancer research
- New Product: Shelby Track Pack for the S197 Mustang
- New Product: Shelby Super Snake Hood for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500
- Featured: Jason Cenora's Shelby CS8 Mustang
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000