Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Ford to launch Shelby GT350 model in 2016, Mach 1 returning as well
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Shelby announces widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Ford Mustang
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- 2009 Shelby GT500KR owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Shelby to unveil fastest Mustang yet at New York Auto Show