Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Shelby wrapping up production of 427 Super Snake and 40th Anniversary packages for the GT500
- 2011 Shelby GT350 trounces Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Road and Track comparison test
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Video: Motor Trend finds out if the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake's 850 horsepower is too much
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Live photos of the 2012 Shelby GT350 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GTS live at the New York Auto Show
- Shelby announces official details for 2010-2014 Mustang widebody kit