Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2011 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- The top ten most expensive Ford Mustangs sold at auction
- 1965 Shelby GT350R sells for $990,000 at RM auction
- Lowest mileage Ford Mustang Boss 429 in existence going up for auction
- 1966 Shelby GT350H race car to cross the block in Monterey
- 1965 Shelby GT350R going up for auction later this month
- Winningest 1965 Shelby GT350R to be sold at RM's Amelia Island auction
- 2004 Mustang GT-R Concept auctioned off for $110,000
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at RM's 2013 Monterey auction
- Last classic Shelby GT350 built going under the hammer