Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Shelby announces turbo package for 2005-2009 Mustang GTs
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake prototype debuts in Monterey
- Shelby donating 2014 GT500 Super Snake package for cancer research
- Independent test of 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake results in 10 second 1/4 mile times
- Rare 1965 Shelby GT350R fails to meet reserve at $730,000 at RM's Arizona auction