Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- 2011 Shelby GT500 in high demand, Ford limiting production to 5,500 units
- The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
- 2009 Shelby GT500KR owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
- Shelby to unveil 2012 GT350 at the Chicago Auto Show
- Shelby releases new details, photos for the 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Shelby GT500 Super Snake to star in 'Getaway' movie, win your own in sweepstakes
- Winner announced for the 2011 Win-a-Shelby Raffle
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake