Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
- Used Shelby GT350s selling for more than brand new ones
- Shelby releases new details, photos for the 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Last classic Shelby GT350 built going under the hammer
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times