Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- Video: Modified Shelby GT500 Super Snake does 220 mph in the standing mile
- Shelby begins production at their new Las Vegas facility
- Independent test of 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake results in 10 second 1/4 mile times
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake going up for auction in May
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Used Shelby GT350s selling for more than brand new ones
- Shelby to unveil EcoBoost-powered car at Detroit Auto Show?
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web