Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
Normally when we show you a drag racing video it features something like a Mustang Cobra Jet making a 7 second pass or doing a massive wheelie. This video is a little bit different, though. It comes from RM Auctions, who sells some of the most desirable collector cars in the world including two very rare 1965 Shelby GT350R race cars that were offered in the last year. The auction house found themselves with a pair of cars going up for sale at upcoming auctions – a 1966 Shelby GT350 and a Peel P50 Microcar – and decided to let them settle their differences in a drag race.
The result is…well…predictable with a little bit of humor thrown in.
You can watch the video of the mismatched drag race by clicking the play button below.
- 2013 Shelby 1000 previewed ahead of New York Auto Show debut
- Ford to launch Shelby GT350 model in 2016, Mach 1 returning as well
- Video: 2011 Shelby GT500 laps Virginia International Raceway
- Shelby unveils 2013 GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Photo Gallery: 2014 Shelby GT at the LA Auto Show
- Shelby American Collection raffling off 2014 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Shelby begins production at their new Las Vegas facility
- Video: Hennessey Shelby GT500 with Venom 600R package on the dyno
- Photo Gallery: 2016 Shelby GT350 at the LA Auto Show