The 2014 Mustang with the new FP6 Appearance Package is one hot pony car

By - February 21, 2013 – 9:38 am7 Comments | 26,078 views

2014 Ford Mustang FP6 Appearance Package

The 2014 Ford Mustang doesn’t have much in the way of updates compared to the previous model year, highlighted by two new colors and the addition of appearance packages for both the V6 and GT. When the 2014 Mustang online configurator went live last month we took a look at the FP8 appearance package for the Mustang GT and didn’t notice anything too special. We somehow missed the FP6 package for the V6 model, though, but thankfully spotted it during our most recent time on Ford’s web site. While beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we think it’s one of the best looking Mustangs Ford currently offers.

Available on the standard Mustang V6 coupe (no Premium and Convertible) with either transmission, the FP6 Appearance Package includes 18-inch gloss black painted wheels, a set of body-colored window louvers, a gloss black rear spoiler and gloss black mirror caps. We especially dig the wheels, which stand out in contrast to bright colors like Grabber Blue or make the car look downright menacing when paired with Sterling Gray or Black. Best of all the package is fairly affordable at only $795. The only downside? You can’t combine it with the V6 Performance Package.

You can see the 2014 Ford Mustang V6 with the FP6 Appearance Package in the entire range of colors below, and let us know your favorite in the comments.

Not bad……but not exactly lighting my fire.

Personally, I would have liked Ford to have offered up the old “Grabber” special edition from 1970……..offering the full range of Grabber colours and even Boss-style graphics (without the Boss 302 logo, obviously).

If this is the final’14 shape,then it looks ok.

• Bill says:

The only good things about the 2013 mustang is the 5.0, tail lights and interior. The front end TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!!!

• Merle Grant says:

I Love my 2013 v6 Deep Impact Blue and glad to stay with
    it. I do not like the “Getto” wheels on the FP6 Package.
    God help us if the guy selling this stuff in in charge
    of the 2014 and 1/2 or 2015 they will call it.

• Darcy says:

Ya, not working for me. Black wheels are good on boss 302s, some trucks and gangsters cars.

• Kevin says:

I have a silver 2014 and I love it. It has a lot of pick up and go for a V6. The interior is comfortable, sylish and user friendly. For the price….All I can do is say, ” Wow!!! ” I highly recommend a test drive and if u can afford the 5.0 then go for it!!!

• Ian says:

I just bought the black 2014 mustang v6 six speed manual with FP6 package and for under $23,000 it is the sickest looking stock mustang I’ve ever seen. I poured tons of money into my 2007 to make it look similar to this car. With a new cat back exhaust, black tinted windows, and a cold air intake, this is going to be amazing looking and sounding. Have only received praises and lots of gawking driving around town in a week. Most impressed with the new performance levels of these V6’s …305 hp punches hard and is very responsive in the steering when set in sport mode.