Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring