Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed