Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring