Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring