Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"