Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500