Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide