Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT