Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500