Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra