Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp