Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show