Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake