Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R