Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: What it looks to drag race a Mustang Cobra Jet from inside the cockpit