Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Roush propane-powered Mustang captures first victory