Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Shelby announces start of production of the GTS