Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500