Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition