Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500