Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby