Video: Lethal Performance’s 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
Taking a look back at the articles we’ve written about Lethal Performance, it’s easy to see the Wellington, FL-based shop is very good at doing one thing – making Mustangs go very, very fast. We’ve showed you videos of their 2010 Shelby GT500 running a 9 second 1/4 mile to the first Boss 302 in the 10s. Their latest project is just as impressive, with Lethal Performance laying claim to the world’s fastest 2013 Shelby GT500. After fitting swapping out the car’s stock supercharger with a massive Whipple 4.0L blower and adding a variety of other go-fast parts, the Lethal crew headed over to Palm Beach International Raceway and laid down a best time of 9.39 seconds at 147.6 mph.
Thankfully, That Racing Channel was on-hand to capture the action, and have put together an excellent video chronicling the accomplishment. Hit the play button below to watch the world record pass for yourself.
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque