Readers’ Rides: Rich Trost’s 2012 Mustang Boss 302 and 2001 Mustang Bullitt
Our first Readers’ Rides feature is actually two cars – Rich Trost’s 2012 Mustang Boss 302 and 2001 Mustang Bullitt. Rich is the owner and administrator of www.militarystangs.com and is currently on military assignment, meaning he hasn’t seen his pony cars since May of 2012. The Boss 302 is almost completely stock, save for Ford Racing’s TracKey, although he plans on adding an intake, exhaust system and new wheels. “I love everything that encompasses being in the Boss, from the sounds, the feelings, and the looks you get while driving it,” he tells us. “I also really enjoy the community of fellow BOSS owners. As far as special/limited edition Mustangs go, the BOSS seems to attract the most down to earth group of people I’ve ever come across.”
Trost’s Bullitt, which he initially purchased used in 2004, is another story. Unlike his Boss, the car is heavily modified with a fully built motor and upgraded suspension. “My favorite thing about the Bullitt is how it never leaves me,” Trost says. “I blew the stock motor in March of 2008, and since then the car has been sold once on eBay and twice to close friends of mine. But it always seems to end up back in my possession. It must be a sign.” He plans on starting phase two of the build soon, and hopes to reach 400 rwhp when everything is said and done.
|Rich Trost’s 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302|
|Rich Trost’s 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 named as Autobytel's Sports Car of the Year
- Video: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca runs an 11.9 @ 124 mph
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Package at the L.A. Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at the Detroit Auto Show
- Car and Driver shows how to remove the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's exhaust restrictor plates
- Video: MotorWeek reviews the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002 up for auction on eBay
- eBay Find: Totaled 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Motor Trend tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, does 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 wins Cars.com's 'Play Car of the Year'