Readers’ Rides: Rich Trost’s 2012 Mustang Boss 302 and 2001 Mustang Bullitt
Our first Readers’ Rides feature is actually two cars – Rich Trost’s 2012 Mustang Boss 302 and 2001 Mustang Bullitt. Rich is the owner and administrator of www.militarystangs.com and is currently on military assignment, meaning he hasn’t seen his pony cars since May of 2012. The Boss 302 is almost completely stock, save for Ford Racing’s TracKey, although he plans on adding an intake, exhaust system and new wheels. “I love everything that encompasses being in the Boss, from the sounds, the feelings, and the looks you get while driving it,” he tells us. “I also really enjoy the community of fellow BOSS owners. As far as special/limited edition Mustangs go, the BOSS seems to attract the most down to earth group of people I’ve ever come across.”
Trost’s Bullitt, which he initially purchased used in 2004, is another story. Unlike his Boss, the car is heavily modified with a fully built motor and upgraded suspension. “My favorite thing about the Bullitt is how it never leaves me,” Trost says. “I blew the stock motor in March of 2008, and since then the car has been sold once on eBay and twice to close friends of mine. But it always seems to end up back in my possession. It must be a sign.” He plans on starting phase two of the build soon, and hopes to reach 400 rwhp when everything is said and done.
|Rich Trost’s 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302|
|Rich Trost’s 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut
- Ford releases new photos of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Behind the scenes of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 media drive
- Video: The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does a virtual 1/4 mile run
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to be priced at "approximately $40,000"
- Road Test: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca quickest in class for Car and Driver's 2012 Lightning Lap competition
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to serve as pace car for final NASCAR Nationwide race of the season
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 with and without exhaust restrictor plate
- 1-of-1 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted 'School Bus Yellow' going up for auction