Video: The craziest Ford Mustang wheelstand you’ve ever seen
We’ve showed you some pretty spectacular bumper-dragging, fender-crunching, frame-smashing wheelstands before, but this latest one takes the cake as perhaps the most impressive ever. The feat was performed by Jere Etheridge in his twin-turbo 2000 Ford Mustang, who was competing at the “Lights Out 4″ drag race at the South Georgia Motorsports Park this past weekend. The run seemed to start smooth enough, with Etheridge launching cleanly off the line. Partially down the track, however, the nose starts to lift. For a brief second the front tires come back to the pavement, but they quickly bounce back up into a full-blown wheelstand. Amazingly, with the front tires off the ground, the Mustang generats enough lift to get all four tires up into the air. At this point most people are thinking that the run probably won’t end well, but somehow the Mustang manages to land back on all four wheels, albeit in the opposing lane. Thankfully no one is hurt, and it looks like Etheridge’s Mustang will live to see another drag race.
Want to see the incredible wheelstand for yourself? We’ve got not one but two videos for you! Just click the play button below and enjoy.
- Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang runs a 9.42 @ 150 mph
- Ford FR500CJ Mustang Wins Debut Race at NHRA Winternationals
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2.9L Whipple-powered 2011 Mustang runs a 10.74 @ 129 mph
- Roush propane-powered Mustang captures first victory
- 2011 NMRA West Coast Shootout
- The Fastest S197 Mustangs Go Head to Head
- Video: JPC Racing claims first 2011+ Mustang 5.0 in the 7s
- First Photos of the FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang
- Video: Evolution Performance "Green Goblin" Mustang sets new world record with 8.46 @ 163 mph pass
- Video: First Roush-supercharged 2011 Mustang hits the drag strip, runs low 11s