Video: Watch the #61 Roush Mustang Boss 302R lap Austin’s Circuit of the Americas
The #61 Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R kicked off the 2013 Grand-Am season in style with a victory at Daytona Speedway last month, and now they are hoping to follow that up with another strong finish at this weekend’s race in Austin, TX. This will be the first time that the series will race on the new Circuit of the Americas track built specifically for the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix, so all of the teams will be on a level playing field when it comes to knowing the layout of the 3.4 mile, 20-turn road course.
Roush is getting a head start on the competition, though, and is already in Austin getting a feel for the track. Jack Roush Jr. has even taken the No. 61 Boss 302R out for a few quick practice laps, and Roush was kind enough to put the footage online for the viewing enjoyment of Mustang race fans.
You can watch the No. 61 Roush Boss 302R do two laps of the Circuit of the Americas below, or tune into SPEED TV on March 9th at 4:00 pm EST to watch the race.
- Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend's Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
- Roush Performance continues Grand-Am momentum with second place finish at Road America
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R claims opening victory of 2012 with win at Daytona
- Video: Rehagen Racing Mustang Boss 302R suffers massive crash at Mid Ohio
- Mustang Boss 302R qualifies 1-2 at Grand-Am opener in Daytona
- Roush Performance wins Grand-am season finale at Lime Rock Park
- Photo Gallery: Mustangs at the Grand-Am Daytona test session
- eBay Find: Rehagen Racing's Ford Mustang Boss 302R
- Ford unveils next generation Mustang racecar, the Boss 302R
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R claims third Grand-Am victory of the season at New Jersey