Roush announces updated Mustang lineup for 2014 including Aluminator engine option
Today Roush announced the details for the 2014 lineup including the RS, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Mustang. While much remains the same for 2014, just like the factory lineup, Roush has brought a few updates to the table highlighted by an additional 10 horsepower for the Stage 3 (up to 575 from 565) and a new Ford Racing Aluminator engine option for customers that might want to add even more horsepower to the supercharged 5.0-liter V8.
“This year we have teamed with Ford Racing to offer their Aluminator engine as an option.” stated Tim Wheeler, Vice President of Roush Performance. “With forged engine components for added strength, the Aluminator is a great option for those who might want to take their Stage 3 to the next level down the road. The Aluminator is the perfect building block for the 620hp Phase 2 and a 675hp Phase 3 upgrade kits that we offer through the Roush Performance catalog and authorized Roush Performance parts dealers.”
The 2014 model year also brings in a new 20-inch wheel design, a rear seat delete and x-brace option, and new graphics colors including Magnum Grey, Mat it Mango, Launch it Lemon, Marina Blue and Punch it Purple.
“The 2014 Roush Stage 3 Mustang is not only the best performing Mustangs to come out of our shop, it is one of the most customizable” continued Wheeler. “We’ve added new graphic colors to the Stage 3, a full body paint option, a new 20″ wheel design and not to mention other options like the Aluminator engine. It is easier than ever to personalize and build a truly unique Stage 3 that is sure to stand out in any crowd.”
All 2014 Roush “Stage” Mustangs are available in both coupe and convertible chassis and both manual and automatic transmissions. They are covered by Roush’s 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
- 2014 Mustang gets rendered, new details revealed
- Turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang to make a return in 2015?
- 2014 Mustang to get new colors, options
- Five reasons why Ford should have built a 2014 Mustang Boss 351
- Photo Gallery: 2014 Ford Mustang with FP6 Appearance Package
- 2014 Ford Mustang wins Cars.com Shoppers' Choice Award
- 2014 Ford Mustang, Shelby GT500 pricing released
- 2014 Ford Mustang configurator goes live
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- 2015 Ford Mustang previewed by Motor Trend