Video: Watch Creations n’ Chrome’s Top Notch Mustang put down 855 rwhp on the dyno
Very few shops are taking on extensive Fox Body Mustang projects these days, but Creations n’ Chrome, is used to bucking the trend. After building S197 Mustangs for the SEMA Show in 2010 and 2011 as well as creating the aviation-based Mustangs that were auctioned off at EAA AirVenture the past two years, the Valencia, CA-based company decided to build the ultimate Fox Body Mustang. Their “Top Notch” Mustang was first announced a little over a year ago, with a mostly-finished car debuting at the SEMA Show less than ten months later.
Since its first public showing in November Creations n’ Chrome has been wrapping up all the details on the car including the final tuning of its Vortech-supercharged 5.0L V8. We recently went over to the CnC shop to see the car in action during a dyno tuning session, as we were curious as to exactly how much power Top Notch was putting down. The answer? An astounding 855 horsepower and 667 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s a lot for any car, but considering Top Notch weighs in at a little over 2,500 pounds, it should be one fast Fox Body.
For those of you worried the car will never see action, don’t fret. Creations n’ Chrome plans on entering Top Notch in a variety of standing mile and time attack competitions, meaning we should be seeing plenty of the car in the coming months.
To see and hear the Top Notch Mustang on the dyno, just hit the play button below.
- For Sale: Creations n' Chrome's Boy Racer Mustang up for grabs
- SEMA 2011: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Creations n' Chrome "Pony Girl" 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Creations n' Chrome debuts Top Notch Mustang v2.0
- Creations n' Chrome previews Coyote-powered Fox Body Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- One-off 2013 Red Tails Mustang to be auctioned at EAA AirVenture
- SEMA Preview: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- Featured: One-off Red Tails 2013 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Creations n' Chrome "Top Notch" Mustang
- Video: Creations n' Chrome's Boy Racer Mustang joins Adam Carolla on CarCast