2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet announced with new colors, features
The Ford Mustang Cobra Jet will live on another year, as Ford Racing has announced that they will once again offer the turn-key racer for 2014. Not much has changed from the previous model year, which saw a host of updates including the introduction of new engine options, but the 2014 will offer two new colors, Gotta Have It Green and a Cobra Jet exclusive Flat Black, a new 3-speed automatic transmission with an SFI-approved bell housing, and lastly a parachute mount for racers who are exceeding 150 mph. Like previous years, just fifty Cobra Jets will be produced for the model year, with availability based on a first-come-first-served basis. The base MSRP is listed at $97,990 with production scheduled to start in July.
2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Features:
- 5.0L TiVCT engine:
- Supercharged – Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9L supercharger w/3.25” pulley, fully –CNC-ported heads
- Lightened body assembly optimized for weight distribution
- Electric power steering – all the assist with no parasitic loss
- Rollcage optimized for rigidity and safety through finite element analysis (FEA)
- Recaro FIA race seats
- Ford Racing suspension geometry for optimum 60′ times – derived from computer modeling and hundreds of 1/4-mile runs
- Off-road only, race prepped, and turn-key for NHRA Stock or Super Stock and other racing series
- Limited Production – ONLY 50 UNITS WILL BE PRODUCED!
- Exclusive Cobra Jet content and serialized for collectability
- 2014 Mustang to get new colors, options
- Roush announces updated Mustang lineup for 2014 including Aluminator engine option
- Five reasons why Ford should have built a 2014 Mustang Boss 351
- Ford releases new photos of 2014 Mustang, Shelby GT500
- J Mays hints at all-new "very cool Mustang" coming in 2014
- 2015 Ford Mustang previewed by Motor Trend
- 2014 Ford Mustang, Shelby GT500 pricing released
- J Mays: I won't screw up the 2014 Mustang
- Turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang to make a return in 2015?
- The 2014 Mustang with the new FP6 Appearance Package is one hot pony car