2013 Shelby 1000 officially revealed in NY
Last year Shelby made a huge splash at the New York Auto Show, introducing its most powerful Mustang yet, the Shelby 1000. Fast forward one year and the company is back again in the Big Apple, this time with an updated version of the car using the 2013 Shelby GT500 as a base. With the larger displacement 5.8-liter engine, the new 1000 packs even more of a punch and produces up to 1,200 horsepower on pump gas in S/C trim.
As expected, Shelby has modified nearly all of the mechanicals of the GT500 to handle the extra horsepower, from the drivetrain to the suspension to the brakes. The internals of the 5.8-liter V8 have been heavily fortified with upgraded pistons and connecting rods, and new camshafts and ported cylinder heads help keep the air flowing from the Whipple 4.0-liter supercharger. Other standard features include Borla headers, a performance cooling package, aluminum driveshaft, billet aluminum watts-link and more.
Like the 2012 model, the 2013 Shelby 1000 will be produced in limited numbers – just 100 are scheduled for production. Pricing starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- SVT celebrates its 20th anniversary
- These are the new Shelby Mustangs that will be unveiled in Detroit
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- RK Motors debuts custom 1967 Shelby GT500 RK527
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide