2013 Shelby 1000 officially revealed in NY
Last year Shelby made a huge splash at the New York Auto Show, introducing its most powerful Mustang yet, the Shelby 1000. Fast forward one year and the company is back again in the Big Apple, this time with an updated version of the car using the 2013 Shelby GT500 as a base. With the larger displacement 5.8-liter engine, the new 1000 packs even more of a punch and produces up to 1,200 horsepower on pump gas in S/C trim.
As expected, Shelby has modified nearly all of the mechanicals of the GT500 to handle the extra horsepower, from the drivetrain to the suspension to the brakes. The internals of the 5.8-liter V8 have been heavily fortified with upgraded pistons and connecting rods, and new camshafts and ported cylinder heads help keep the air flowing from the Whipple 4.0-liter supercharger. Other standard features include Borla headers, a performance cooling package, aluminum driveshaft, billet aluminum watts-link and more.
Like the 2012 model, the 2013 Shelby 1000 will be produced in limited numbers – just 100 are scheduled for production. Pricing starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Ford to launch Shelby GT350 model in 2016, Mach 1 returning as well
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- eBay Find: Rare 2007 Shelby GT-H Convertible with 5-speed manual
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- 2009 Shelby GT500KR owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
- Shelby GT350 to be featured at 2015 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible