2013 Shelby 1000 officially revealed in NY
Last year Shelby made a huge splash at the New York Auto Show, introducing its most powerful Mustang yet, the Shelby 1000. Fast forward one year and the company is back again in the Big Apple, this time with an updated version of the car using the 2013 Shelby GT500 as a base. With the larger displacement 5.8-liter engine, the new 1000 packs even more of a punch and produces up to 1,200 horsepower on pump gas in S/C trim.
As expected, Shelby has modified nearly all of the mechanicals of the GT500 to handle the extra horsepower, from the drivetrain to the suspension to the brakes. The internals of the 5.8-liter V8 have been heavily fortified with upgraded pistons and connecting rods, and new camshafts and ported cylinder heads help keep the air flowing from the Whipple 4.0-liter supercharger. Other standard features include Borla headers, a performance cooling package, aluminum driveshaft, billet aluminum watts-link and more.
Like the 2012 model, the 2013 Shelby 1000 will be produced in limited numbers – just 100 are scheduled for production. Pricing starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- Shelby releases new details, photos for the 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Featured: 2012 Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Shelby announces official details for 2010-2014 Mustang widebody kit
- MGW announces details, pricing for its new Shelby GT500 shifter
- Galpin Auto Sports named as official Shelby Mod Shop
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show
- 2011 Shelby GT350 to serve as pace car for NASCAR Las Vegas race
- 2013 Shelby GT500's supercharged V8 makes Ward's 10 Best Engines list