2013 Shelby 1000 officially revealed in NY
Last year Shelby made a huge splash at the New York Auto Show, introducing its most powerful Mustang yet, the Shelby 1000. Fast forward one year and the company is back again in the Big Apple, this time with an updated version of the car using the 2013 Shelby GT500 as a base. With the larger displacement 5.8-liter engine, the new 1000 packs even more of a punch and produces up to 1,200 horsepower on pump gas in S/C trim.
As expected, Shelby has modified nearly all of the mechanicals of the GT500 to handle the extra horsepower, from the drivetrain to the suspension to the brakes. The internals of the 5.8-liter V8 have been heavily fortified with upgraded pistons and connecting rods, and new camshafts and ported cylinder heads help keep the air flowing from the Whipple 4.0-liter supercharger. Other standard features include Borla headers, a performance cooling package, aluminum driveshaft, billet aluminum watts-link and more.
Like the 2012 model, the 2013 Shelby 1000 will be produced in limited numbers – just 100 are scheduled for production. Pricing starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- 2nd Annual Carroll Shelby Car Show & Tribute
- Shelby considering additional models including V6, Twin-Turbo GT500
- 1965 Shelby GT350R sells for $990,000 at RM auction
- Ford announces return of the Shelby GT500KR for 2008
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GTS
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby