2013 Shelby 1000 officially revealed in NY
Last year Shelby made a huge splash at the New York Auto Show, introducing its most powerful Mustang yet, the Shelby 1000. Fast forward one year and the company is back again in the Big Apple, this time with an updated version of the car using the 2013 Shelby GT500 as a base. With the larger displacement 5.8-liter engine, the new 1000 packs even more of a punch and produces up to 1,200 horsepower on pump gas in S/C trim.
As expected, Shelby has modified nearly all of the mechanicals of the GT500 to handle the extra horsepower, from the drivetrain to the suspension to the brakes. The internals of the 5.8-liter V8 have been heavily fortified with upgraded pistons and connecting rods, and new camshafts and ported cylinder heads help keep the air flowing from the Whipple 4.0-liter supercharger. Other standard features include Borla headers, a performance cooling package, aluminum driveshaft, billet aluminum watts-link and more.
Like the 2012 model, the 2013 Shelby 1000 will be produced in limited numbers – just 100 are scheduled for production. Pricing starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: 2016 Shelby GT350
- 2013 Shelby GT350 reviewed by Autoblog
- One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned off for charity at second annual "Get Your Heart Racing" fundraiser
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Select Shelby GT500KR parts now available from Ford Racing
- Second production 2011 Shelby GT350 to be auctioned for charity
- One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Shelby officially announces 2013 GT350 with new color options
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GTS Anniversary Edition
- Shelby announces widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Ford Mustang