2013 Shelby 1000 officially revealed in NY
Last year Shelby made a huge splash at the New York Auto Show, introducing its most powerful Mustang yet, the Shelby 1000. Fast forward one year and the company is back again in the Big Apple, this time with an updated version of the car using the 2013 Shelby GT500 as a base. With the larger displacement 5.8-liter engine, the new 1000 packs even more of a punch and produces up to 1,200 horsepower on pump gas in S/C trim.
As expected, Shelby has modified nearly all of the mechanicals of the GT500 to handle the extra horsepower, from the drivetrain to the suspension to the brakes. The internals of the 5.8-liter V8 have been heavily fortified with upgraded pistons and connecting rods, and new camshafts and ported cylinder heads help keep the air flowing from the Whipple 4.0-liter supercharger. Other standard features include Borla headers, a performance cooling package, aluminum driveshaft, billet aluminum watts-link and more.
Like the 2012 model, the 2013 Shelby 1000 will be produced in limited numbers – just 100 are scheduled for production. Pricing starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
- The legendary Carroll Shelby passes away at age 89
- 1967 Shelby GT500 featured on U.S. postage stamp
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- eBay Find: Black-on-Black 2012 Shelby GTS
- 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Shelby Mustang 45th anniversary celebrated at the Quail Motorsports Gathering
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity