2014 Saleen 351 Supercharged Mustang prototype unveiled
At the LA Auto Show Back in November Saleen announced that they would be building a 351 Mustang, with the company releasing a rendering of the proposed car. Since then the company has been relatively quiet about the project, and we were wondering if the 351 Mustang was still on. Saleen answered that question today, as they unveiled the first 351 Mustang prototype at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California.
Although the initial 351 Mustang prototype is evidence that a production version is near, Saleen is still keeping mum on details about the car including the technical specifications of the engine. We inquired about the base for the powerplant, but were told that more specific information on the engine will be released at a later date. The only information given is that the supercharged V8 produces 700 horsepower.
The rest of the Saleen 351 Supercharged Mustang is relatively similar to the company’s other offerings including the body kit, wheels and interior appointments. However, the paint color, Orange County Orange, was specially developed for the car by Saleen.
Hopefully we’ll have more details about the 2014 Saleen 351 Supercarged Mustang soon, particularly specifics on the powertrain, but until then check out our photos of the car’s debut in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: 2011 Saleen S302 in Lights Out Yellow
- Featured: Mickey Knauss’ “Barricade” Saleen Mustang
- Brenspeed to build serialized Saleen S302 drag racers
- Photo Gallery: Saleen 302 SC Black Label Mustang Speedster
- Saleen debuts Speedlab Mustang with upcoming parts at the PRI Show
- Saleen returns to road racing in victorious fashion
- Saleen Speedlab / Brenspeed race car to debut at NMRA Spring Break Shootout
- SEMA 2011: Saleen debuts S302 Speedster with new options, matte black paint
- Saleen Unveils 2009 Dark Horse Mustang