2014 Saleen 351 Supercharged Mustang prototype unveiled

By - April 21, 2013 – 2:53 pm12 Comments | 22,620 views

2014 Saleen 351 Supercharged

At the LA Auto Show Back in November Saleen announced that they would be building a 351 Mustang, with the company releasing a rendering of the proposed car. Since then the company has been relatively quiet about the project, and we were wondering if the 351 Mustang was still on. Saleen answered that question today, as they unveiled the first 351 Mustang prototype at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California.

Although the initial 351 Mustang prototype is evidence that a production version is near, Saleen is still keeping mum on details about the car including the technical specifications of the engine. We inquired about the base for the powerplant, but were told that more specific information on the engine will be released at a later date. The only information given is that the supercharged V8 produces 700 horsepower.

The rest of the Saleen 351 Supercharged Mustang is relatively similar to the company’s other offerings including the body kit, wheels and interior appointments. However, the paint color, Orange County Orange, was specially developed for the car by Saleen.

Hopefully we’ll have more details about the 2014 Saleen 351 Supercarged Mustang soon, particularly specifics on the powertrain, but until then check out our photos of the car’s debut in the gallery below.

Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com

• Carl says:

700hp great but rest of car BORING!!!!! Its the same thing since 2005 with no changes. Its time to change the body kit especially if you think you’re gonna steal Shelby buyers in this price range

• Ericc B says:

Disappointed that they still haven’t developed a new rear bumper cover that says SALEEN instead of SMS. Especially since the old one doesn’t fit flush with the new 13/14 taillights.

Can’t see them doing too much with the bodykit………let face it, they’ll be having to produce all new bits for the ’15MY pretty soon, so probably this is a half way house solution for a year.

I like the colour. And I like the fact 700bhp can be had with an autobox :)

• travcar says:

Wow! I love it! The styling beats the Ford Shelby anyday. Ford has over produced the Shelby so the Ford Shelby is no longer a special edition.
    The Saleen body was new in 2010, not 2005. The hood and front air induction is all new. Saleen fans, add your comments.

• 06saleenX says:

love it, cant wait to check this out at the various PA shows it will attend, and 2 very deserving owners congrats
    the car is beautiful. GT500 is nice but too massed produced for my tastes, you go to the shows an all you see are the GT500′s lined up and only 1 or 2 saleens. most will never understand it, nor will they ever
    afford it,

• wrengle says:

Very impressive and someday maybe I can afford one. I just acquired my first Mustang a 2007 Saleen Mustang and I really like the ride, I can only imagine how this 700hp performs. Steve, keep up the good work!

• Anders Nylén says:

Amazing looking car, I just love it !
    Mr Saleen has surely done it again…left the Shelby’s in the dust behind him ! Have just bought myself my second Saleen…a 2007 Grabber Orange Saleen/Parnelli Jones, and i am delighted to see that the color of the new Saleen 351S/C, Orange County Orange is very similar to Grabber Orange.
    Keep up the good work Mr Saleen….You are #1

• dan burgess says:

I have an 06 saleen and a 07 gt500 the saleen beats it any day as far as styling. while both are great cars and continue to be what justifies a 100 grand price tag? to me that is way to much and you could build the car yourself for less than a 100 grand.700 horse isn’t a big deal anymore. I do love the car and look forward to owning another saleen but not this one.

• nate hampton says:

Love the body and love the company. real great accomplashment for ford. Maybe i’ll get one once I can afford it

• crap face01 says:

This sucks a big one. not really a fan

Doesn’t quite look “mean” enough.A convertable mustang,no.A convertable Viper,yes please!!

• Sarosh says:

Awesome how 2013 and 2014 models feature the 2012 bumper with the indent. How does Saleen expect to run a business?