Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
Shelby first announced a widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang back in December, and a similar package for the 2010+ Mustang a month later at the Detroit Auto Show in the form of an 850 horsepower GT500 Super Snake. At the time we asked company representatives if the widebody kit would be available for the Shelby 1000, and the answer was a resounding yes. In fact, they told us that one was already under production.
Fast forward a few months and the first production widebody Shelby 1000 is making its debut at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California. The car was scheduled to be delivered to its lucky customer later that day, who would drive it home from the show.
Out of any Mustang in the Shelby lineup the 1000 could use the widebody package the most, with the 345/35/R20 tires helping to put the massive amounts of horsepower from the supercharged V8. This particular model was a 950 horsepower “street” version, as the S/C model isn’t street legal on California roads.
Want to see the Shelby 1000 Widebody in more detail? Check out our live photos from the show in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT350 makes first public appearance at Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Live photos of the 2011 Shelby GT500 from the Chicago Auto Show
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Shelby begins production at their new Las Vegas facility
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds
- Shelby to unveil 2012 GT350 at the Chicago Auto Show
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip