Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
Shelby first announced a widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang back in December, and a similar package for the 2010+ Mustang a month later at the Detroit Auto Show in the form of an 850 horsepower GT500 Super Snake. At the time we asked company representatives if the widebody kit would be available for the Shelby 1000, and the answer was a resounding yes. In fact, they told us that one was already under production.
Fast forward a few months and the first production widebody Shelby 1000 is making its debut at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California. The car was scheduled to be delivered to its lucky customer later that day, who would drive it home from the show.
Out of any Mustang in the Shelby lineup the 1000 could use the widebody package the most, with the 345/35/R20 tires helping to put the massive amounts of horsepower from the supercharged V8. This particular model was a 950 horsepower “street” version, as the S/C model isn’t street legal on California roads.
Want to see the Shelby 1000 Widebody in more detail? Check out our live photos from the show in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- The legendary Carroll Shelby passes away at age 89
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Shelby to unveil new Mustang at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- Photo Gallery: 2016 Shelby GT350 at the LA Auto Show
- Galpin Auto Sports named as official Shelby Mod Shop
- Winningest 1965 Shelby GT350R to be sold at RM's Amelia Island auction