Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
Shelby first announced a widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang back in December, and a similar package for the 2010+ Mustang a month later at the Detroit Auto Show in the form of an 850 horsepower GT500 Super Snake. At the time we asked company representatives if the widebody kit would be available for the Shelby 1000, and the answer was a resounding yes. In fact, they told us that one was already under production.
Fast forward a few months and the first production widebody Shelby 1000 is making its debut at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California. The car was scheduled to be delivered to its lucky customer later that day, who would drive it home from the show.
Out of any Mustang in the Shelby lineup the 1000 could use the widebody package the most, with the 345/35/R20 tires helping to put the massive amounts of horsepower from the supercharged V8. This particular model was a 950 horsepower “street” version, as the S/C model isn’t street legal on California roads.
Want to see the Shelby 1000 Widebody in more detail? Check out our live photos from the show in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Shelby announces Super Snake package for 2011 GT500 with up to 800 horsepower
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- 2016 Shelby GT350 officially revealed
- SR-71 Mustang sells for $375,000 at EAA AirVenture auction
- New Product: JMS 2.4-inch supercharger pulley for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Shelby GT returns for 2014 as post-title package with up to 624 horsepower
- Shelby American opens up new Speed Shop at Las Vegas facility
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Shelby announces official details for 2010-2014 Mustang widebody kit