Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
Shelby first announced a widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang back in December, and a similar package for the 2010+ Mustang a month later at the Detroit Auto Show in the form of an 850 horsepower GT500 Super Snake. At the time we asked company representatives if the widebody kit would be available for the Shelby 1000, and the answer was a resounding yes. In fact, they told us that one was already under production.
Fast forward a few months and the first production widebody Shelby 1000 is making its debut at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California. The car was scheduled to be delivered to its lucky customer later that day, who would drive it home from the show.
Out of any Mustang in the Shelby lineup the 1000 could use the widebody package the most, with the 345/35/R20 tires helping to put the massive amounts of horsepower from the supercharged V8. This particular model was a 950 horsepower “street” version, as the S/C model isn’t street legal on California roads.
Want to see the Shelby 1000 Widebody in more detail? Check out our live photos from the show in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Twin-Turbo Shelby GT500 puts out 884 rwhp and 876 rwtq on the dyno
- These are the new Shelby Mustangs that will be unveiled in Detroit
- Shelby announces end of production for GT350
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Shelby American Collection raffling off 2014 Shelby GT500
- Video: Modified Shelby GT500 Super Snake does 220 mph in the standing mile