Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
Shelby first announced a widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang back in December, and a similar package for the 2010+ Mustang a month later at the Detroit Auto Show in the form of an 850 horsepower GT500 Super Snake. At the time we asked company representatives if the widebody kit would be available for the Shelby 1000, and the answer was a resounding yes. In fact, they told us that one was already under production.
Fast forward a few months and the first production widebody Shelby 1000 is making its debut at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California. The car was scheduled to be delivered to its lucky customer later that day, who would drive it home from the show.
Out of any Mustang in the Shelby lineup the 1000 could use the widebody package the most, with the 345/35/R20 tires helping to put the massive amounts of horsepower from the supercharged V8. This particular model was a 950 horsepower “street” version, as the S/C model isn’t street legal on California roads.
Want to see the Shelby 1000 Widebody in more detail? Check out our live photos from the show in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby announces new 2005+ Mustang parts and accessories for the track
- MGW announces details, pricing for its new Shelby GT500 shifter
- Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
- New Product: Shelby Track Pack for the S197 Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports shows off custom widebody 2011 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Black-on-Black 2013 Shelby GT350
- Video: 2011 Shelby GT500 laps Virginia International Raceway
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- 2013 Shelby 1000 previewed ahead of New York Auto Show debut