Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
Shelby first announced a widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang back in December, and a similar package for the 2010+ Mustang a month later at the Detroit Auto Show in the form of an 850 horsepower GT500 Super Snake. At the time we asked company representatives if the widebody kit would be available for the Shelby 1000, and the answer was a resounding yes. In fact, they told us that one was already under production.
Fast forward a few months and the first production widebody Shelby 1000 is making its debut at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California. The car was scheduled to be delivered to its lucky customer later that day, who would drive it home from the show.
Out of any Mustang in the Shelby lineup the 1000 could use the widebody package the most, with the 345/35/R20 tires helping to put the massive amounts of horsepower from the supercharged V8. This particular model was a 950 horsepower “street” version, as the S/C model isn’t street legal on California roads.
Want to see the Shelby 1000 Widebody in more detail? Check out our live photos from the show in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- The legendary Carroll Shelby passes away at age 89
- 1965 Shelby GT350R added to RM's auction in Monterey
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby completes first production 2011 GT350s, ready to deliver to customers
- SEMA 2013: Ice Nine 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Last classic Shelby GT350 built going under the hammer
- 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find to go up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in January
- Shelby officially announces 2013 GT350 with new color options
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications