Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
Shelby first announced a widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Mustang back in December, and a similar package for the 2010+ Mustang a month later at the Detroit Auto Show in the form of an 850 horsepower GT500 Super Snake. At the time we asked company representatives if the widebody kit would be available for the Shelby 1000, and the answer was a resounding yes. In fact, they told us that one was already under production.
Fast forward a few months and the first production widebody Shelby 1000 is making its debut at the Fabulous Fords show at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California. The car was scheduled to be delivered to its lucky customer later that day, who would drive it home from the show.
Out of any Mustang in the Shelby lineup the 1000 could use the widebody package the most, with the 345/35/R20 tires helping to put the massive amounts of horsepower from the supercharged V8. This particular model was a 950 horsepower “street” version, as the S/C model isn’t street legal on California roads.
Want to see the Shelby 1000 Widebody in more detail? Check out our live photos from the show in the gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Shelby to unveil fastest Mustang yet at New York Auto Show
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- Shelby to raffle 2011 GT350 prototype for charity
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned off for charity at second annual "Get Your Heart Racing" fundraiser
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Shelby to unveil new Mustang at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show