Fabulous Fords at Knotts 2013
Hundreds of Ford owners and enthusiasts converged on Buena Park, CA this past weekend for the 28th annual Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott’s Berry Farm, the largest Ford Mustang event on the West Coast that kicks off the car show season in Southern California. Incredibly, more than 1,100 Mustangs were in attendance at the sold-out show, not to mention dozens that showed up and parked outside the venue to enjoy the people, the cars and the beautiful weather. As always, most of the Mustang’s lineage was on display, from vintage Fastbacks to the current model and everything in between.
2013 Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott’s Berry Farm highlights:
- Saleen has had a large presence at the show in recent years, and they didn’t disappoint with the introduction of their 351 Supercharged Mustang Prototype. They also had their current lineup on display, and dozens of owners also brought out their own Saleen Mustangs.
- Roush came out from the East Coast to display their current Mustang lineup including the recently announced 2014 Stage 3 Mustang as well as their V6-powered Mustang RS.
- Shelby had an impressive display of cars, highlighted by their 2013 lineup that includes the GT350, GT500 Super Snake, and the first production Shelby 1000 Widebody that was making its debut at the show.
- Vaughn Gittin Jr, fresh off a second place finish in the Formula Drift opener the previous weekend, had a huge display with both the drift and road versions of his Mustang RTR. He was also on-hand to sign plenty of autographs for fans.
- Many more Boss owners brought out their cars than in previous years. There were more than a dozen vintage models, including 302, 351 and 429 versions, and even more 2012-2013 models in a wide range of colors.
- Bullitt owners have typically showed up in force to the show, and this year was no exception. Both SN95 and S197 versions were lined up as far as the eye could see.
- Calvert Racing was kind enough to bring out both a 1968 and a 2008 Mustang Cobra Jet, which they had on display side by side.
- Anvil Auto brought out their incredible 1969 Mustang, featuring a Kaase 520ci V8 and beautiful cantilever suspension system.
- Agent 47 showed off their upcoming American Iron 1969 race car, complete with the company’s SLA front suspension and a modern Boss 302 engine.
You can see all of these Mustangs and more in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Fabulous Fords at Knotts 2009
- Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Fabulous Fords at Knotts 2010
- Fabulous Fords at Knotts 2014
- Fabulous Fords at Knotts 2008
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Ingot Silver
- Fabulous Fords at Knotts 2012
- 2014 Saleen 351 Supercharged Mustang prototype unveiled
- Fabulous Fords at Knotts 2011