Performance Autosport shows off new livery for their Mustang RTR race car
We’ve been following Performance Autosport and driver Chris Cobetto since they debuted their NASA American Iron race car in 2011. Not only does the team have lots of success on track, as they not only have a lot of success on track, winning two straight Mid-Atlantic American Iron championships, but their cars are also beautifully designed. The same goes for the latest iteration of the car, which Performance Autosport debuted this weekend with updated 2013 RTR bodywork and an all new race livery that they describe as a “darker, meaner, more menacing look.”
It’s not all cosmetic, though, as the PAS Mustang has been upgraded with a new suspension system from CorteX Racing including their SLA front suspension and Xtreme-Grip watts-link at the rear.
The new Performance Autosport Mustang RTR will make its racing debut this weekend at Summit Point Motorsports Park in West Virginia.
[Source: Performance Autosport, Images: FlimFlam Media]
- Video: 2013 Ford Mustang RTR sound check
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustang RTR in Grabber Blue
- Late Model Restoration builds custom RTR Mustang track car
- Vaughn Gittin Jr's Mustang RTR forms new partnership with Performance Autosport for 2012 Americon Iron race season
- 2013 Mustang RTR officially unveiled
- Video: The story of Saleen's 2011 NASA American Iron championship
- Saleen returns to road racing in victorious fashion
- eBay Find: 1988 Saleen Mustang R