Video: Evolution Peformance first to run 8s with 2013 Shelby GT500
Last year Evolution Performance became the first to run a 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s, setting the benchmark with a 9.95 second pass at 142 mph at Atco Raceway in New Jersey. Now the shop in Aston, PA has once again reset the mark with an astounding 8.94 second run, becoming the first to drop below the nine second mark in 2013 Shelby GT500. Making the feat even more impressive is that the Grabber Blue Shelby’s stock 6-speed manual transmission is still in place.
So what does it take to build an eight second Shelby GT500? A fully built 5.8L V8 from L&M Race Engines and tuned by Lund Racing is now under the hood, with the stock 2.3L supercharger swapped out for a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled unit running just under 23 pounds of boost. In total, Evolution Performance’s Shelby produces 1,156 horsepower and 1,078 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. All of that power runs through a Spec twin-disc clutch and aluminum flywheel as well as a FAB 9-inch rear end, and a set of Mickey Thompson ET drag slicks wrapped over Weld RT-S wheels help put it to the ground.
Want to see the Shelby’s eight second pass for yourself? Just click the play button below and enjoy the video in up to 1080 HD.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra