2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Car and Driver

By Drew Phillips - May 17, 2013 – 3:26 pm12 Comments | 11,697 views

2015 Ford Mustang Rendering

Car and Driver is the latest to guess what the upcoming 2015 Ford Mustang will look like with a fresh rendering courtesy of artist Jon Sibal. The design sets itself apart from previous ones we’ve seen, not using too much styling from either the Evos Concept or the current S197 Mustang. The front end features perhaps the most traditional Mustang styling, with an aggressive front fascia and dual horizontal grille surrounded by chrome, but the rear has a more generic look void of both the rear quarter window and side scallop. It’s surely an attractive vehicle, although likely not a very accurate interpretation.

The rendering was published by Car and Driver as part of an article called “25 Cars Worth Waiting For” and offers a few details about what to expect for the 2015 Mustang. Unfortunately none of them are new, like the introduction of an independent rear suspension or an available turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Regardless, it’s worth a read, so head on over to their web site by clicking here.

[Source: Car and Driver]

• Eric says:

No, I don’t think they are even close. Looks too much like a Genesis. I’d probably still buy it, though. Nice looking car.

It doesn’t have the classic mustang “mouth”,so,no i don’t like it.Also,the lights look wrong.

• The Night says:

The Night said:
    It took Ford years to develop a successfull Muscle Car V6, it doesn’t make sense to consider replacing it with a four cylinder. Ford should keep the 3.7 Litre V6 as the entry level, supercharge it for the mid level engine (proformance supercharger gets over 425 HP) and offer a super charged V8 as well. Mustangs are Americas favorite Muscle Car why would you even consider getting involved with four cylinders. Ford did this once before and it was a nightmare. Leave well enough alone, Ford has a real winner in the 3,7 V6!!

Looks too much like a Genesis, Ford could be making a mistake straying away from the classic Mustang look. Certainly not for us older Pony Guys!

• The Night says:

The Night said:

• Josef says:

Take the Pony off the grille and it is no Mustang

• Mark says:

Let’s hope this rendering is way off! Looks like a cross between a Genesis and a 1994 Mustang – Not good! I thought some of the other renderings I have seen were Ok – but this is worse. I sure hope Ford doesn’t blow this – if they do – I am buying a 2014!

• rob says:

Boring. Would never buy that. Looks like a family sedan…sorry.

• Mustangfan1 says:

Awesome! I will buy.

• oldguy says:

Looks like a cross between a Fusion and a Crapero! Why does Ford feel compelled to mess with success? If I want a Euro trash car I’ll buy one. At this point I think ordering a 2014 GT500 was the way to go!

anon.i agree with “oldguy”.it don’t look “muscley” enough,back to the drawing board.

• paul richardson says:

why fix something thats not broke. they should keep the classic mustang look. its a sad day for mustang when they change it. worst looking mustang since the 1974-1978 models.

• 11MustangOwner says:

I agree that this is not a Muscle Car. I have always liked Mustang and my first car was a 69 Barracuda. When looking for a car I wanted a 65-68 fastback but cost for a nice one drove me to buy a 2011 GT convertible. I think that model is very nice and feel for the 50th anniversary they need to update it but keep it all muscle. This is mock is a 2 door Fusion.

I like this rendering of a Saleen except the front end is to much like Fusion/Jaguar F-Type.