Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
Yesterday Ford announced that a custom Shelby GT500 would take a starring role in the upcoming ‘Need for Speed’ movie set to be released in the Spring of 2014, and the car was officially unveiled later that day at EA’s press conference in Los Angeles as part of the E3 Expo. We were on hand for the official unveiling of the car, introduced by its co-star Aaron Paul, and and thanks to a private photo session later in the day, we’re happy to be able to show you all the details of the car up close.
Because it will be competing with much more expensive supercars in the movie, the NFS Shelby GT500 needed a much more aggressive appearanced, and it got it thanks to the specially designed widebody kit and two extra large air inlets on either side of the car. The the auxiliary lights in the grille have been removed, and in true movie car fashion have been fitted with a ring of LED lights that turn on with the main headlights. On the hood is a set of dual intakes, although we’re sad to inform you that they’re not functional along with the intakes along the side of the car. Of course, we wouldn’t expect much more given the car’s purpose, and it still gives the car an attractively edgy look. The rear view mirrors have been replaced with rear-facing cameras (although we’re told they’re non-functioning as well), and filling out the wheel well is a set of 22-inch Forgiato wheels. Inside the NFS Shelby is mostly stock, fitted with a Ford Racing shifter and rear seat delete with cross bracing. As for the engine, the car in the movie plot has 900 horsepower, but being mostly a prop the Shelby retains its stock specification.
To see all the details of the Need for Speed Shelby GT500 for yourself, then check out our gallery of photos below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system