Video: 2015 Ford Mustang prototype caught on camera
The 2015 Ford Mustang has hit the streets. Well, at least the very first prototypes have. This brand new spy video shows one of the first 2015 Mustang R&D cars on the streets of Dearborn, MI with a 2012 Mustang GT following in close pursuit, providing our first real look at the next generation S550 Mustang in action.
So what can we learn from the video? Not much. The car is so heavily camouflaged than any hint of the design elements are covered up. The sound of the car isn’t much of an indication either, since the engineers likely haven’t fine-tuned the exhaust system. The one thing that does catch our eye are the extra large brakes on the car – it looks like 6-pistons up front and 4-pistons out back. Could this be a high-performance version of the 2015 Mustang, like the 2016 Shelby GT350 we reported on yesterday?
Want to see the 2015 Ford Mustang prototype out on the road? Just hit the play button below.
- Photo Gallery: Ford shows off 2015 Mustang in Ingot Silver
- This 2015 Mustang rendering is likely the most accurate yet
- 2015 Ford Mustang to be officially revealed in December
- Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be 'stunning'
- 2015 Ford Mustang designated as S550 platform
- Spy Photos: 2015 Mustang interior revealed
- Video: Is this the 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost?
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Popular Hot Rodding
- 2015 Ford Mustang Official Photos and Details
- It's official: The Ford Mustang is coming to Europe