Video: 2015 Ford Mustang prototype caught on camera
The 2015 Ford Mustang has hit the streets. Well, at least the very first prototypes have. This brand new spy video shows one of the first 2015 Mustang R&D cars on the streets of Dearborn, MI with a 2012 Mustang GT following in close pursuit, providing our first real look at the next generation S550 Mustang in action.
So what can we learn from the video? Not much. The car is so heavily camouflaged than any hint of the design elements are covered up. The sound of the car isn’t much of an indication either, since the engineers likely haven’t fine-tuned the exhaust system. The one thing that does catch our eye are the extra large brakes on the car – it looks like 6-pistons up front and 4-pistons out back. Could this be a high-performance version of the 2015 Mustang, like the 2016 Shelby GT350 we reported on yesterday?
Want to see the 2015 Ford Mustang prototype out on the road? Just hit the play button below.
- Video: Listen to the roar of the 2015 Mustang GT's V8
- Ford dealer launches 2015 Mustang into space
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Black
- 2015 Mustang will be first Ford to feature next generation SYNC AppLink system
- 2015 Ford Mustang leaked by Car and Driver?
- 2015 Ford Mustang to be officially revealed in December
- An inside look at the 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost engine
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered with Evos design cues
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Ingot Silver
- Spied: 2015 Ford Mustang caught testing with independent rear suspension