Video: 2015 Ford Mustang prototype caught on camera
The 2015 Ford Mustang has hit the streets. Well, at least the very first prototypes have. This brand new spy video shows one of the first 2015 Mustang R&D cars on the streets of Dearborn, MI with a 2012 Mustang GT following in close pursuit, providing our first real look at the next generation S550 Mustang in action.
So what can we learn from the video? Not much. The car is so heavily camouflaged than any hint of the design elements are covered up. The sound of the car isn’t much of an indication either, since the engineers likely haven’t fine-tuned the exhaust system. The one thing that does catch our eye are the extra large brakes on the car – it looks like 6-pistons up front and 4-pistons out back. Could this be a high-performance version of the 2015 Mustang, like the 2016 Shelby GT350 we reported on yesterday?
Want to see the 2015 Ford Mustang prototype out on the road? Just hit the play button below.
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- New report suggests 2015 Mustang four-cylinder to be available in U.S. after all, will be more powerful than the V6
- The 2015 Ford Mustang by the numbers
- Video: The 2015 Ford Mustang stops by Jay Leno's Garage
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Roush previews their own version of the 2015 Mustang
- Ford announces more details about 2015 Mustang's December 5th reveal date
- European pre-orders of 2015 Mustang sell out in 30 seconds
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered...again
- Will the 2015 Ford Mustang's 4-cylinder engine be for Europe only?