Video: 2015 Ford Mustang prototype caught on camera
The 2015 Ford Mustang has hit the streets. Well, at least the very first prototypes have. This brand new spy video shows one of the first 2015 Mustang R&D cars on the streets of Dearborn, MI with a 2012 Mustang GT following in close pursuit, providing our first real look at the next generation S550 Mustang in action.
So what can we learn from the video? Not much. The car is so heavily camouflaged than any hint of the design elements are covered up. The sound of the car isn’t much of an indication either, since the engineers likely haven’t fine-tuned the exhaust system. The one thing that does catch our eye are the extra large brakes on the car – it looks like 6-pistons up front and 4-pistons out back. Could this be a high-performance version of the 2015 Mustang, like the 2016 Shelby GT350 we reported on yesterday?
Want to see the 2015 Ford Mustang prototype out on the road? Just hit the play button below.
- 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine specs previewed in new Lincoln MKC
- 2015 Mustang to share 2.3-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with Focus RS?
- First retail 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- Steeda renders their own version of the 2015 Mustang
- Ford to drop V6 engine option for 2015 Mustang?
- 2015 Mustang will be first Ford to feature next generation SYNC AppLink system
- 2015 Ford Mustang to get 2.3-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder with 310 horsepower?
- Ford announces more details about 2015 Mustang's December 5th reveal date
- Cobra Jet to continue on as part of next generation Ford Mustang