Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be ‘stunning’
Perhaps no other future car has been rendered as many times as the 2015 Mustang (one example shown above). Some are received with praise, others with hatred, and many times it’s a combination of both. In reality it doesn’t matter, though as the drawings are mere speculation and don’t represent the real thing. There are people who have seen the final design, however, and the outlook seems overwhelmingly positive. Edmunds.com recently interviewed several members of the automotive design community that have actually laid eyes on the production 2015 Mustang, and have reported what they heard.
“All I can tell you is that it looks great,” Jack Telnack, former global design boss at Ford Motor Company, told Edmunds. “It’s all new and it’s hot. You will know it is a Mustang. There is no question about that.”
Even designers outside of Ford have had praise for the car. Designer Stewart Reed, who is the chair of the undergraduate transportation design program at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA, says he has heard many designers that the car is quite striking. “I have heard some great words like ‘stunning,’” Reed said. “This is coming from designers that are not even part of the team. They have seen the car from a distance and they are careful to not say what it is, exactly. To have a designer call someone else’s design ‘stunning’ is pretty exciting.”
Perhaps just as importantly, Reed says that the architecture of the 2015 Mustang will also be quite improved. “What I am hearing is the basic architecture, the bones of this thing, are great, so I can’t wait to see it,” Reed said.
Finally, Reed says that the special edition Mustangs, most likely the Shelby GT350 and Mach 1 to start off, will be great vehicles. “They have done a really good job the last few years with special-edition versions of the car, the Boss, the Shelby and everything,” he said. “I’ve heard the special-edition variations are really good. They are pushing that even to a more profound level than what they have had.”
Want to read the rest of the story? Just click here.
- Ford to drop V6 engine option for 2015 Mustang?
- Video: The 2015 Ford Mustang unveiled at its home in Dearborn, MI
- The 2015 Ford Mustang could be 400 pounds lighter
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Popular Hot Rodding
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang basks in the Southern California sun
- 2015 Mustang to share 2.3-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with Focus RS?
- It's official: The Ford Mustang is coming to Europe
- New report suggests 2015 Mustang four-cylinder to be available in U.S. after all, will be more powerful than the V6
- 2015 Mustang to be offered in right-hand drive, European version won't get the 5.0L V8?