Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be ‘stunning’
Perhaps no other future car has been rendered as many times as the 2015 Mustang (one example shown above). Some are received with praise, others with hatred, and many times it’s a combination of both. In reality it doesn’t matter, though as the drawings are mere speculation and don’t represent the real thing. There are people who have seen the final design, however, and the outlook seems overwhelmingly positive. Edmunds.com recently interviewed several members of the automotive design community that have actually laid eyes on the production 2015 Mustang, and have reported what they heard.
“All I can tell you is that it looks great,” Jack Telnack, former global design boss at Ford Motor Company, told Edmunds. “It’s all new and it’s hot. You will know it is a Mustang. There is no question about that.”
Even designers outside of Ford have had praise for the car. Designer Stewart Reed, who is the chair of the undergraduate transportation design program at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA, says he has heard many designers that the car is quite striking. “I have heard some great words like ‘stunning,’” Reed said. “This is coming from designers that are not even part of the team. They have seen the car from a distance and they are careful to not say what it is, exactly. To have a designer call someone else’s design ‘stunning’ is pretty exciting.”
Perhaps just as importantly, Reed says that the architecture of the 2015 Mustang will also be quite improved. “What I am hearing is the basic architecture, the bones of this thing, are great, so I can’t wait to see it,” Reed said.
Finally, Reed says that the special edition Mustangs, most likely the Shelby GT350 and Mach 1 to start off, will be great vehicles. “They have done a really good job the last few years with special-edition versions of the car, the Boss, the Shelby and everything,” he said. “I’ve heard the special-edition variations are really good. They are pushing that even to a more profound level than what they have had.”
Want to read the rest of the story? Just click here.
- TIME Magazine releases new photos of 2015 Ford Mustang
- Video: Take a tour of the 2015 Mustang Convertible's new features
- An inside look at the 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost engine
- Video: Listen to the roar of the 2015 Mustang GT's V8
- Photo Gallery: Ford shows off 2015 Mustang in Ingot Silver
- 2015 Ford Mustang face fully revealed in new spy photos
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Popular Hot Rodding
- 2015 Ford Mustang face revealed in new spy photos
- Whipple previews 700 horsepower 2015 Mustang supercharger system
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Car and Driver