First 1,000 next-gen Mustangs to be limited edition 2014 1/2 models
Back in November a Ford social media representative on TheMustangSource.com forums posted that Ford would produce a limited number of 2014 ½ Mustangs to celebrate the car’s 50th anniversary. “The 2014 ½ will be the 50th Anniversary edition,” the representative stated. “It will be added to production for a limited run sometime during the year.” She later retracted the statement, saying,” Okay, we made a mistake. We misunderstood the information and we’re sorry for causing all this confusion.”
However, according to our inside sources at Ford, we can now confirm that a 2014½ Mustang is still in the works. Ford will build just 1,000 examples of the limited edition 2014 ½ model, which will be the first Mustang to be based on the next generation S550 platform. As the cars are sure to be instant collectors’ items (we fully expect the dreaded “market adjustment” prices from dealers), each one will come with a special VIN and build number. Those hoping for a high performance anniversary model will be disappointed, as the 2014 ½ Mustang won’t receive any additional upgrades compared to the standard 2015 model. Rumors suggest the 5.0L V8 will produce around 450 horsepower. Other differences compared to the 2015 model are unknown at this point.
For more on the 2015 Ford Mustang, from rumors to renderings to spy photos, visit our 2015 Ford Mustang hub.
Other recent Ford Mustang anniversary models:
- 2015 Ford Mustang order guide revealed
- 2015 Ford Mustang face revealed in new spy photos
- Whipple previews 700 horsepower 2015 Mustang supercharger system
- 2015 Ford Mustang leaked by Car and Driver?
- Video: 50 Years of Ford Mustang evolution
- 2015 Mustang to be offered in right-hand drive, European version won't get the 5.0L V8?
- 2015 Mustang order banks open, pricing starts at $24,425 with destination
- Newly revealed sketches show origins of the 2015 Mustang's design
- First ride impressions of 2015 Mustang EcoBoost hit the web
- Ford to drop V6 engine option for 2015 Mustang?