Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R captures podium finish at Indy
The Roush Performance team of Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson kicked off the 2013 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge season in style, winning the season opener at Daytona in their No. 61 Mustang Boss 302R. Since then they’ve had a rough go of it, though, finishing in the top ten just once in the last five races. The duo has definitely been fast enough to be front runners, but a mix of bad luck and mistakes have put the team near the back of the back.
That changed this past weekend as the No. 61 Mustang Boss 302R captured a second place finish at the Brickyard Sports Car Challenge at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. After qualifying in eighth the team worked their way up to second place with just a few laps left, but an incident brought out the caution flag and the race ended under the yellow flag. The second Roush Peformance team of Joey Atterbury and Shelby Blackstock also had an excellent race, finishing in sixth place in the No. 51 Mustang Boss 302R.
Despite the strong finish Roush Jr. and Johnson still have a ways to go to climb back up the leaderboard. They sit in eighth place in the drivers’ standings while Roush Performance is ninth in the team standings. They’ll have their chance in less than two weeks when both Roush teams head to Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for the next Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race.
- Multimatic and Miller Racing to field Ford Mustang Boss 302R pair in 2014 Grand-Am season
- Mustang Boss 302R qualifies 1-2 at Grand-Am opener in Daytona
- Grand-Am: Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R finishes second at Road America
- Roush Performance Boss 302R finishes second in Grand-Am championship with podium finish at Mid-Ohio
- Video: Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302 qualifying at VIR
- Roush Performance earns second Grand-Am victory of the season at Mid-Ohio
- Roush Boss 302R wins Grand-Am season opener at Daytona
- Video: Multimatic Mustang Boss 302R crashes out of Grand-Am race at Laguna Seca
- Video: Rehagen Racing Mustang Boss 302R suffers massive crash at Mid Ohio
- Photo Gallery: Mustangs at the Grand-Am Daytona test session