Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R captures podium finish at Indy
The Roush Performance team of Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson kicked off the 2013 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge season in style, winning the season opener at Daytona in their No. 61 Mustang Boss 302R. Since then they’ve had a rough go of it, though, finishing in the top ten just once in the last five races. The duo has definitely been fast enough to be front runners, but a mix of bad luck and mistakes have put the team near the back of the back.
That changed this past weekend as the No. 61 Mustang Boss 302R captured a second place finish at the Brickyard Sports Car Challenge at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. After qualifying in eighth the team worked their way up to second place with just a few laps left, but an incident brought out the caution flag and the race ended under the yellow flag. The second Roush Peformance team of Joey Atterbury and Shelby Blackstock also had an excellent race, finishing in sixth place in the No. 51 Mustang Boss 302R.
Despite the strong finish Roush Jr. and Johnson still have a ways to go to climb back up the leaderboard. They sit in eighth place in the drivers’ standings while Roush Performance is ninth in the team standings. They’ll have their chance in less than two weeks when both Roush teams head to Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for the next Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race.
- Video: Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302 qualifying at VIR
- Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend's Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
- Roush Performance continues Grand-Am momentum with second place finish at Road America
- Video: The Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R laps Daytona
- Multimatic Motorsports Boss 302R on pole for Barber 200
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R captures first Grand-Am victory of the season with win at VIR
- Roush Performance earns second Grand-Am victory of the season at Mid-Ohio
- Mustang Boss 302R kicks off 2012 racing season with test days at Daytona Speedway
- Video: Rehagen Racing Mustang Boss 302R suffers massive crash at Mid Ohio
- Mustang Boss 302R qualifies 1-2 at Grand-Am opener in Daytona