Saleen to unveil new Mustang at Monterey Motorsports Reunion
Saleen Automotive will be making a “special announcement” later this month at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca as part of the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. The company isn’t revealing any details about what that announcement will be, but our inside sources tell us that the company will be unveiling a new Mustang. What kind? Well, we’re not sure. However, 2014 will mark the 30th anniversary since the company was first founded as Saleen Autosport in 1984, and since then special models have celebrated the 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th anniversaries. We wouldn’t be surprised at all if Saleen is set to unveil a limited edition 30th anniversary Mustang.
This isn’t the first time that Saleen has introduced a new vehicle in Monterey. Back in 2001 the company unveiled the very first S7 supercar prototype at the historic races.
Of course, we can’t know for sure what Saleen has in store for us, but be sure that we’ll be on site in Monterey to show you whatever is revealed. Until then, check out the past Saleen anniversary edition Mustangs below.
- Steve Saleen announces official details for Saleen brand acquisition
- Saleen Speedlab Announces New Power Packs up to 600 bhp
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils Series VI.5 supercharger system
- ASC and Saleen Partner to Develop "SKYVu" Scenic Roof
- Photo Gallery: Saleen 302 SC Black Label Mustang Speedster
- Photo Gallery: 2011 Saleen S302 in Race Red
- Saleen Announces 25th Anniversary Sterling Edition Mustang
- Photo Gallery: 2011 Saleen S302
- First image of 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang released
- Video: The story of Saleen's 2011 NASA American Iron championship