Saleen to unveil new Mustang at Monterey Motorsports Reunion
Saleen Automotive will be making a “special announcement” later this month at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca as part of the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. The company isn’t revealing any details about what that announcement will be, but our inside sources tell us that the company will be unveiling a new Mustang. What kind? Well, we’re not sure. However, 2014 will mark the 30th anniversary since the company was first founded as Saleen Autosport in 1984, and since then special models have celebrated the 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th anniversaries. We wouldn’t be surprised at all if Saleen is set to unveil a limited edition 30th anniversary Mustang.
This isn’t the first time that Saleen has introduced a new vehicle in Monterey. Back in 2001 the company unveiled the very first S7 supercar prototype at the historic races.
Of course, we can’t know for sure what Saleen has in store for us, but be sure that we’ll be on site in Monterey to show you whatever is revealed. Until then, check out the past Saleen anniversary edition Mustangs below.
- SEMA 2011: Saleen Speedlab 01-R Mustang
- Saleen to Offer 302 Crate Engines
- 2012 Saleen Open House and Car Show
- 2011 Saleen S302 priced at $54,990
- SEMA 2011: Saleen debuts S302 Speedster with new options, matte black paint
- SEMA 2012: 281 Motorsports Saleen Speedster
- Saleen debuts newly badged Mustang lineup
- Buyers Guide: Supercharger systems for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- Photo Gallery: 2011 Saleen S302 in Race Red