Saleen to unveil new Mustang at Monterey Motorsports Reunion
Saleen Automotive will be making a “special announcement” later this month at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca as part of the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. The company isn’t revealing any details about what that announcement will be, but our inside sources tell us that the company will be unveiling a new Mustang. What kind? Well, we’re not sure. However, 2014 will mark the 30th anniversary since the company was first founded as Saleen Autosport in 1984, and since then special models have celebrated the 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th anniversaries. We wouldn’t be surprised at all if Saleen is set to unveil a limited edition 30th anniversary Mustang.
This isn’t the first time that Saleen has introduced a new vehicle in Monterey. Back in 2001 the company unveiled the very first S7 supercar prototype at the historic races.
Of course, we can’t know for sure what Saleen has in store for us, but be sure that we’ll be on site in Monterey to show you whatever is revealed. Until then, check out the past Saleen anniversary edition Mustangs below.
- Saleen debuts Speedlab Mustang with upcoming parts at the PRI Show
- Photo Gallery: Saleen 302 SC Black Label Mustang Speedster
- Video: The story of Saleen's 2011 NASA American Iron championship
- Saleen Speedlab previews its upcoming Series VII supercharger system
- 2012 Saleen Open House and Car Show
- Saleen to unveil 2011 S302 at Carlisle Ford Nationals
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils Series VI.5 supercharger system
- Saleen debuts newly badged Mustang lineup
- Road Test: Saleen Gurney Signature Edition Mustang
- Featured: Troy Coughlin's Granatelli Turbocharged Saleen Mustang