New Product: JMS 2.4-inch supercharger pulley for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
JMS Chip & Performance have released their 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley for the new 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Mustang with 5.8L supercharged V8. The new supercharger pulley is designed to easily add more horsepower and torque without compromising reliability.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley is a direct fit for the 5.8L TVS supercharger and provides an additional 2-3 pounds of boost. GT500 owners will expect to see gains as high as 80 horsepower or more, when matched with a JMS custom tune, and the whole transformation can be performed in just one afternoon.
Designed to match the factory specifications, the JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley has been machined to match the OEM inside bore press-fit dimension. Machined from high-strength steel alloy, this pulley has been engineered for long-life and durability. The factory belt tensioners will accommodate the smaller diameter supercharger pulley, eliminating the need for a larger 90mm idler.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley features a durable black powder coating that won’t flake, chip or corrode and matches the OEM component for a factory look and feel. For the do it yourself installer, JMS also offers a Supercharger Pulley Removal and Installation Tool that allows you to complete the installation right in your own garage using only basic hand tools.
To maximize performance, custom tuning is required for this upgrade and JMS offers complete tuning solutions via SCT X3 and SF3 Power Flash handheld programmers. Owners who already have an SCT tuner can purchase the custom tune files for the 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley, or you can purchase a custom tuned device pre-programmed with the required calibration files. Other supercharger upgrade options from JMS include, dual ball-bearing 90mm idler pullers and overdrive balancers, for those looking to make further improvements to the SVT 5.8L engine.
[Source: JMS Chip & Performance]
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: See the first 2013 Shelby GT350 built from start to finish
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds
- Shelby to open new headquarters in Las Vegas later this year
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Mint 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible nets $308,000
- Shelby unveils 2012 GT350 with new colors, convertible option
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph