New Product: JMS 2.4-inch supercharger pulley for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
JMS Chip & Performance have released their 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley for the new 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Mustang with 5.8L supercharged V8. The new supercharger pulley is designed to easily add more horsepower and torque without compromising reliability.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley is a direct fit for the 5.8L TVS supercharger and provides an additional 2-3 pounds of boost. GT500 owners will expect to see gains as high as 80 horsepower or more, when matched with a JMS custom tune, and the whole transformation can be performed in just one afternoon.
Designed to match the factory specifications, the JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley has been machined to match the OEM inside bore press-fit dimension. Machined from high-strength steel alloy, this pulley has been engineered for long-life and durability. The factory belt tensioners will accommodate the smaller diameter supercharger pulley, eliminating the need for a larger 90mm idler.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley features a durable black powder coating that won’t flake, chip or corrode and matches the OEM component for a factory look and feel. For the do it yourself installer, JMS also offers a Supercharger Pulley Removal and Installation Tool that allows you to complete the installation right in your own garage using only basic hand tools.
To maximize performance, custom tuning is required for this upgrade and JMS offers complete tuning solutions via SCT X3 and SF3 Power Flash handheld programmers. Owners who already have an SCT tuner can purchase the custom tune files for the 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley, or you can purchase a custom tuned device pre-programmed with the required calibration files. Other supercharger upgrade options from JMS include, dual ball-bearing 90mm idler pullers and overdrive balancers, for those looking to make further improvements to the SVT 5.8L engine.
[Source: JMS Chip & Performance]
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
- Shelby Mustang 45th anniversary celebrated at the Quail Motorsports Gathering
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Photo Gallery: See the first 2013 Shelby GT350 built from start to finish
- Video: Modified Shelby GT500 Super Snake does 220 mph in the standing mile
- 2011 Shelby GT350 auction raises $200,000 for charity