New Product: JMS 2.4-inch supercharger pulley for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
JMS Chip & Performance have released their 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley for the new 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Mustang with 5.8L supercharged V8. The new supercharger pulley is designed to easily add more horsepower and torque without compromising reliability.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley is a direct fit for the 5.8L TVS supercharger and provides an additional 2-3 pounds of boost. GT500 owners will expect to see gains as high as 80 horsepower or more, when matched with a JMS custom tune, and the whole transformation can be performed in just one afternoon.
Designed to match the factory specifications, the JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley has been machined to match the OEM inside bore press-fit dimension. Machined from high-strength steel alloy, this pulley has been engineered for long-life and durability. The factory belt tensioners will accommodate the smaller diameter supercharger pulley, eliminating the need for a larger 90mm idler.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley features a durable black powder coating that won’t flake, chip or corrode and matches the OEM component for a factory look and feel. For the do it yourself installer, JMS also offers a Supercharger Pulley Removal and Installation Tool that allows you to complete the installation right in your own garage using only basic hand tools.
To maximize performance, custom tuning is required for this upgrade and JMS offers complete tuning solutions via SCT X3 and SF3 Power Flash handheld programmers. Owners who already have an SCT tuner can purchase the custom tune files for the 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley, or you can purchase a custom tuned device pre-programmed with the required calibration files. Other supercharger upgrade options from JMS include, dual ball-bearing 90mm idler pullers and overdrive balancers, for those looking to make further improvements to the SVT 5.8L engine.
[Source: JMS Chip & Performance]
- Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
- Shelby announces Super Snake package for 2011 GT500 with up to 800 horsepower
- 2013 Shelby GT350 reviewed by Autoblog
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Yacht company proposes Shelby GT500 Super Snake Wagon
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500