New Product: JMS 2.4-inch supercharger pulley for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
JMS Chip & Performance have released their 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley for the new 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Mustang with 5.8L supercharged V8. The new supercharger pulley is designed to easily add more horsepower and torque without compromising reliability.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley is a direct fit for the 5.8L TVS supercharger and provides an additional 2-3 pounds of boost. GT500 owners will expect to see gains as high as 80 horsepower or more, when matched with a JMS custom tune, and the whole transformation can be performed in just one afternoon.
Designed to match the factory specifications, the JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley has been machined to match the OEM inside bore press-fit dimension. Machined from high-strength steel alloy, this pulley has been engineered for long-life and durability. The factory belt tensioners will accommodate the smaller diameter supercharger pulley, eliminating the need for a larger 90mm idler.
The JMS 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley features a durable black powder coating that won’t flake, chip or corrode and matches the OEM component for a factory look and feel. For the do it yourself installer, JMS also offers a Supercharger Pulley Removal and Installation Tool that allows you to complete the installation right in your own garage using only basic hand tools.
To maximize performance, custom tuning is required for this upgrade and JMS offers complete tuning solutions via SCT X3 and SF3 Power Flash handheld programmers. Owners who already have an SCT tuner can purchase the custom tune files for the 2.40″ Steel Supercharger Pulley, or you can purchase a custom tuned device pre-programmed with the required calibration files. Other supercharger upgrade options from JMS include, dual ball-bearing 90mm idler pullers and overdrive balancers, for those looking to make further improvements to the SVT 5.8L engine.
[Source: JMS Chip & Performance]
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Shelby builds one-off GT500 Super Snake 'Need for Speed' Edition
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
- Video: 2011 Shelby GT500 laps Virginia International Raceway
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2013: Galpin Auto Sports goes blue with widebody Shelby GT500
- Video: Motor Trend finds out if the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake's 850 horsepower is too much