2015 Ford Mustang face revealed in new spy photos
The design of the upcoming 2015 Ford Mustang may be one of the biggest mysteries in automotive history, and Ford has done their due diligence in keeping it a secret by heavily camouflaging all of their prototypes. Several spy photographers have managed to catch various prototypes out on the street, but they have all been so disguised that all of the styling elements are completely hidden. Until now.
Spy photography outlet KGP managed to catch the front end of the design of the 2015 Mustang after shadowing a Ford engineering team for several days. Their hard work paid off, as some of the camouflage was eventually removed for cooling tests in the hot weather. The resulting photos reveal much of the styling of the front end including the upper and lower grille, the fog light housings as well as the outline of the headlights. Amazingly, the design is fairly close to many of the recent renderings from the likes of Car and Driver and Car Scoops.
To see the full set of spy photos, head over to Autoblog.com.
- Spied: 2015 Ford Mustang caught testing with independent rear suspension
- 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine specs previewed in new Lincoln MKC
- A Ford Mustang will sit atop Empire State Building for 50th anniversary, just like it did in 1965
- Whipple previews 700 horsepower 2015 Mustang supercharger system
- Steeda renders their own version of the 2015 Mustang
- 2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
- Check out the entire 2015 Ford Mustang color palette
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years Appearance Package
- 2015 Ford Mustang will officially debut on December 5
- Video: See how Ford camouflaged its 2015 Mustang prototypes