Photo Gallery: Trans-Am Mustangs at the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
Earlier this week we showed you a gallery of photos from the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion featuring the Shelby Mustangs. They weren’t the only pony cars from the Blue Oval participating in the vintage races, though, as the Trans-Am race group featured no less than 13 Ford Mustangs in the 41 car field. The Mustang fiercely battled the Camaros, Challengers and Javelins back in the ’60s and ’70s, and the same still goes for today as the Trans-Am drivers perennially make this the race to watch in Monterey.
You might recognize many of the cars in the field, particularly the pair of legendary ‘School Bus Yellow’ 1970 Mustang Boss 302s, Dan Gurney’s #2 1969 Mustang Boss 302 or George Follmer’s #16 1969 Mustang Boss 302 that is the inspiration for Saleen’s latest heritage Mustang that debuted at the races. You can see all those Mustangs and more in our extensive photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 priced at $40,995, Laguna Seca Package at $47,990
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at the Detroit Auto Show
- Steeda announces certified Mustang Boss 302 program
- Video: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca runs an 11.9 @ 124 mph
- Ford shows off 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca in black/gray color combination
- Boss 302 TracKey availability to be announced at SEMA
- Dates announced, registration open for Boss Track Attack Days at Miller Motorsports Park
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 wins Cars.com's 'Play Car of the Year'
- Hagerty names Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca as one of 2012's top ten future classics
- Video: Traxxas' 1/16 Ford Mustang Boss 302 RC car in action