Another Eleanor “Hero” Car from Gone in 60 Seconds going up for auction
One of the three Eleanor “hero” cars from Gone in 60 Seconds will roll across the auction block next month.
Eleven 1967 Mustang fastbacks were converted to Shelby GT500 “Eleanor” lookalikes for the movie, but only three were used as hero cars. One of them, used for many of the driving scenes and promotional materials, sold for $1,000,000 at Mecum’s 26th Original Spring Classic 2013 auction in May. This example will be at Mecum’s Chicago auction set to take place October 10-12, 2013.
This particular Eleanor—designated as Cinema Vehicle Services (CVS) #7—is equipped with a Ford Racing 351 CI crate engine, 4-speed manual transmission, Positraction rear end and the famous “Go Baby Go” shift knob. It also comes with a letter of authenticity from CVS who built the car.
It takes two buyers to raise the price at an auction, which means somebody came up just short of a million dollars and lost the the last Eleanor offered for sale. Only two Mustangs have sold for a million dollars—the one-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake and the aforementioned hero Eleanor—both at that Mecum auction in May. Will this be the third?
- “Hero Car” from the 2000 remake of Gone in 60 Seconds
- 1 of 11 original Eleanor cars built by Cinema Vehicle Services
- 1 of 3 Hero cars used in the film (used for scenes involving the actors)
- VIN 7R02C173895
- An iconic and timeless design by Steve Stanford
- Custom body kit with fender flares, side exit exhaust, trunk lid and hood
- Ford Racing 351 CI crate motor
- 4-speed transmission
- Go Baby Go shifter knob
- Schmidt 17″ wheels
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- Holley 700 CFM 4-barrel carburetor
- Positraction rear end
- Air conditioning
- High volume fuel pump
- Lecarra steering wheel, sport comp tach
- Side exit exhaust added by CVS after the movie’s completion
- Letter of authenticity from Ray Claridge of CVS included
- Designated by CVS as car #7
[Source: Mecum Auctions]
- 2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
- Eleanor Hero Car from Gone in 60 Seconds going up for auction at Mecum
- Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor Hero Car sells for cool $1 million
- Quartet of Calypso Coral Boss Mustangs going up for auction
- 1970 Mustang Boss 302 Trans-Am race car going up for auction in August
- Mecum to auction rare 1965 Shelby GT350 Prototype
- Impressive Ford Mustang collection going up for auction in August
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sells for record $1.3 million at Mecum