Photo Gallery: 2014 Saleen 351 Supercharged Mustang
At the Saleen Open House and Car Show this past weekend the company had many of their latest vehicles on display including the 2014 George Follmer Edition Mustang as well as the 351 Supercharged Mustang Prototype. Inside their facility, though, we spotted one of the very first production models – number three – of the 351 Supercharged Mustang. The company announced back in July that production of the new flagship model had begun, and this silver coupe is proof that it’s now well underway.
This production 351 Supercharged Mustang also provided some new insight into the technical details of the car, specifically the 351ci V8. At the time of the prototype’s unveiling back in April few details about the engine were released, but now we have some more information as well as photos. Under the hood is a variant of the Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter V8 punched out a few more cubic inches to coincide with the 351 moniker. Instead of the factory supercharger a Kenne Bell 2.8L twin-screw blower now resides on top fitted with a 10-rib pulley, dual 75mm throttle body and mammoth air inlet. The result is 700 horsepower and 655 lb-ft torque.
One other noticeable feature of this production 351 Supercharged Mustang are the seats. Unlike the prototype, which had modified versions of the stock seats, this car uses the optional Recaro seats as a base with Alcantara and leather inserts and Saleen embroidery in the headrest.
You can see the 2014 Saleen 351 Supercharged Mustang in detail in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2012: 281 Motorsports Saleen Speedster
- SEMA 2011: Saleen debuts S302 Speedster with new options, matte black paint
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils Series VI.5 supercharger system
- Saleen to unveil 2011 S302 at Carlisle Ford Nationals
- 2013 Saleen 351 Mustang announced at LA Auto Show
- A closer look at Saleen's 30th Anniversary SA-30 Mustang
- Photo Gallery: 2011 Saleen S302 in Race Red
- Stillen American Performance Open House 2008
- Saleen Makes Heritage Body Kit Available for Purchase
- Saleen to stop production of vehicles by end of 2011, focus on aftermarket parts