Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 3 by Mothers
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces Stage 2 supercharger system for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Holman & Moody 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang
- Steve Saleen launches SMS Superparts at SEMA
- SEMA 2011: MRT Performance TKO Mustang
- SEMA 2010: MRT "Predator" Mustang
- Creations n' Chrome previews Coyote-powered Fox Body Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- This is Ford Racing's Mustang Concept at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: BS Industries 1969 Ford Mustang "The Real Thing"
- SEMA 2012: Kenny Brown GT4-RS Autobahn Edition Mustang