Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2013: Ryan Venturine's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Mustang Cobra Jet Concept unveiling at SEMA
- Ford Racing officially announces TracKey is 50-state legal, available starting today
- This is Ford Racing's Mustang Concept at SEMA
- SEMA 2012: TruFiber 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2013: HyperStangs' Hellanor Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Tjin Edition Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2011: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- SEMA 2010: RKSport debuts 2010+ Mustang body kit
- SEMA 2011: Petty's Garage Signature Series Mustang