Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut
- SEMA 2010: Mobsteel 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2011: "Last Ride" Mustang tribute to Joe Gosinski
- Hurst reveals Performance Series Mustang at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. pulls the wraps off the RTR-X Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Corsa announces 2011 Shelby GT500 exhaust system
- SEMA 2013: MagnaFlow announces 50-state legal Ford Mustang shorty headers
- SEMA 2010: Tjin Edition 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Hotchkis shows off new classic Mustang suspension system with Bullitt chase scene
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom 1969 Mustang live at SEMA