Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2014: Petty's Garage 2015 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Kenne Bell offers first look at its 2011 Mustang supercharger, announces pricing
- APR Performance previews widebody 2013 Ford Mustang ahead of SEMA
- SEMA 2013: HyperStangs' Hellanor Mustang
- 2013 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised "Reversion" Mustang
- Saleen unveils the 2010 S281 Mustang at SEMA
- Ford and SEMA teaming up for custom 2013 Mustang designed and built by women
- The 2010 Mustangs of the 2009 SEMA Show
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. offers sneak peek of 2015 Mustang RTR Spec 2 and Spec 5 Concept