Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. pulls the wraps off the RTR-X Mustang
- SEMA 2013: TCI Engineering 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2013: Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords' Hypersilver Mustang
- Classic Design Concepts previews SEMA-bound 'Bad Penny' Mustang
- Ford Mustang named hottest car for 2012 SEMA show
- SEMA 2012: Bojix Design 2013 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Kenny Brown GT-4T Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2011: "Last Ride" Mustang tribute to Joe Gosinski
- New Mustang Products at the 2010 SEMA Show
- SEMA Preview: MagnaCharger to debut new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang