Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces winner of 75th Anniversary 2013 Ford Mustang GT
- The 2010 Mustangs of the 2009 SEMA Show
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils new carbon fiber parts, forged wheels for the S302 Mustang
- SEMA 2012: 3dCarbon Boy Racer Mustang
- Hotchkis to put Bullitt chase scene on display at SEMA
- SEMA 2014: Foose Design 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1966 Mustang race car
- SEMA 2012: Holman & Moody 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang
- SEMA 2013: K&N debuts Blackhawk Induction Intake for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- SEMA 2013: Hotchkis shows off new classic Mustang suspension system with Bullitt chase scene