Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2014: 2015 Ford Mustang King Cobra Concept
- Ford and SEMA teaming up for custom 2013 Mustang designed and built by women
- SEMA Preview: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- Ford officially announces 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible licensed body shells
- SEMA 2010: Tjin Edition 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Roush Stage 3 Premier Edition Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Raceskinz 2011 Mustang GT
- 2010 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- SEMA 2011: Paul Brown's championship-winning Mustang Boss 302S
- SEMA 2010: Dynacorn previews its 1965-1966 Mustang body shell