Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2010: MRT "Predator" Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Scosche debuts dash kit for the 2010+ Mustang
- SEMA 2014: Forgiato 2015 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils Series VI.5 supercharger system
- SEMA 2013: Classic Design Concepts Bad Penny Mustang
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut
- Roush giving away Phase 3 Mustang SEMA show car
- SEMA 2010: Dynacorn previews its 1965-1966 Mustang body shell
- SEMA 2012: Holman & Moody 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang