Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- SEMA 2012: TruFiber 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2013: NASCAR-powered 2008 Ford Mustang AIX Race Car
- SEMA Preview: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. shows off his championship-winning drift Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Steeda Widebody Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang 'Blizzard'
- SEMA 2013: Bojix Design 2014 Ford Mustang
- Ford teases SEMA Mustangs from Nitto Tire and Hollywood Hot Rods
- SEMA Preview: ProCharger to debut Stage II supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang GT