Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound ‘Yellow Jacket’ Mustang
Previews of some of the Ford Mustangs that will be at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas next month are now starting to roll in, the latest being this 2014 Mustang built by Vortech Superchargers. Nicknamed “Yellow Jacket” for its custom DuPont yellow paint, the Mustang packs a serious punch with Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger under the hood, boosting the 5.0-liter V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque.
“As a lifelong Ford fan, I was inspired to create this project car when I realized Ford doesn’t offer yellow on the 2014 Mustang,” said Brian Ellis, sales, marketing and social media manager for AirPower Group. “We wanted to create something really eye-popping with a mechanical package to match the appearance.”
The Yellow Jacket Mustang also features a host of other upgrades including 3dCarbon’s Boy Racer body kit, a carbon fiber cowl induction hood from TruFiber, Maximum Motorsports’ Road & Track box suspension package, Baer 6-piston brakes and iForged 20-inch wheels wrapped with Falken Azenis FK453 tires.
We’ll have more details and plenty of live photos from SEMA next month, and until then check out the photo gallery of the car below.
- SEMA 2012: Pure Vision Design T-5R Martini Racing 1966 Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2013: ACCEL Ignition's 2011 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang 'Blizzard'
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut
- SEMA 2013: TCI Engineering 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2013: Larry Gareffa's home-built electric 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- The 2010 Mustangs of the 2009 SEMA Show
- Ford Racing officially announces TracKey is 50-state legal, available starting today
- Roush to unveil Stage 3 Premier Special Edition Mustang at SEMA
- SEMA 2014: Full-Race Motorsports 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost