Video: This amazing, functional Shelby GT500 is built entirely out of Legos
If you’re like us then you spent countless hours of your childhood playing with Legos. While we occasionally built the pre-designed castles, pirate ship or space craft that came in the sets, more often than not we mixed pieces together to construct a creation of our own.
Of course, none of our custom Lego sets were all that cool or well designed, especially compared to the amazing contraption you see here. Designed by Sheepo’s Garage, who specializes in highly detailed Lego-built vehicles, this 1/8 scale Shelby GT500 is constructed entirely of original Lego parts – 3,500 to be exact – and is amazingly functional. Both drive, braking and steering can be controlled via a remote control, and the car boasts a sequential 5-speed gearbox with reverse, disc brakes linked to a working pedal inside the car, McPherson front struts (just like the real thing!), a 4-link solid rear axle and a working steering wheel. The hood, doors and trunk can all be opened, and the front seats even fold forward to provide better access to the rear buckets.
You can check out the amazing Lego Shelby GT500 in more detail in the video and photo gallery below.
[Source: Sheepo's Garage]
- Video: Shelby 1000 plays starring role in David Yurman watch commercial
- The legendary Carroll Shelby passes away at age 89
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Shelby releases 2010-2011 parts catalog
- Shelby to unveil 2012 GT350 at the Chicago Auto Show
- Shelby unveils 800 horsepower Prudhomme Edition Super Snake Mustang
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- eBay Find: Black-on-Black 2012 Shelby GTS
- Reggie Jackson's 1965 Shelby GT350 going up for auction