Classic Design Concepts previews SEMA-bound ‘Bad Penny’ Mustang
The doors open to the 2013 SEMA Show in exactly one week, but today we get an early Halloween treat from a company synonymous with tricked-out Mustangs. (See what we did there?)
Classic Design Concepts will debut this black and copper monster in Las Vegas next week. Dubbed “Bad Penny”, the custom Mustang is a showcase of CDC’s Mustang aerodynamic and styling options featured on Vaughn Gittin, Jr.’s RTR Mustangs including a CDC Performance Grille, lower grille, front fascia with function brake cooling ducts, side and rear splitters, license plate surround, custom deck lid trim panel and rear spoiler.
Behind the 20-inch Forgiato super concave wheels are Wilwood big brakes, Whiteline Watts link suspension, and RTR adjustable front and rear sway bars. The three-piece wheels are wrapped in BF Goodrich G-Force Rival tires, 285/35/20 up front and 315/35/20 in the back.
A Ford Racing supercharger system commands 624 horsepower from the 5.0L V8 which breathes through a set of Pypes longtube headers into Magnaflow GT500 cat back exhaust and Ford Racing side exhaust.
In the cockpit, the increased engine output is monitored with a Ford Racing gauge pack, and the Recaro /Ford Racing seats are trimmed with custom Alea leather. A Ford Racing rear seat delete kit makes room for the audio tray which houses Kicker IX amplifiers, L7 subwoofers and QS mid-range speakers.
Stay tuned to MustangsDaily.com for more SEMA coverage next week!
[Source: Classic Design Concepts]
- CR Supercars debuts 1968 Mustang 'Villain' at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: Eibach Springs 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2014: MAD Industries 2015 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon"
- SEMA 2012: Shelby 1000 makes an appearance in the Wilwood booth
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 3 by Mothers
- SEMA 2012: Bojix Design 2013 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Saleen debuts S302 Speedster with new options, matte black paint
- Roush unveils Stage 3 Premier Edition Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Tjin Edition Mustang Convertible