SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. pulls the wraps off the RTR-X Mustang
- SEMA 2012: 3dCarbon Boy Racer Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1966 Mustang race car
- Classic Design Concepts previews SEMA-bound 'Bad Penny' Mustang
- 2014 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- SEMA 2011: H&R Springs Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Pure Vision Design T-5R Martini Racing 1966 Mustang Fastback
- Hotchkis to put Bullitt chase scene on display at SEMA
- SEMA 2013: Steeda Q450 Enforcer Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Tjin Edition Mustang Convertible