SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Ford Racing officially announces TracKey is 50-state legal, available starting today
- SEMA 2014: Classic Design Concepts 2015 Ford Mustang "Outlaw"
- Ford teases SEMA Mustangs from Nitto Tire and Hollywood Hot Rods
- SEMA 2013: HyperStangs' Hellanor Mustang
- CGS Performance Products teases their 2015 Mustang ahead of SEMA
- 2010 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- SEMA 2011: Lindsey Bradley's 1965 Mustang Fastback "The Silver Fox"
- SEMA 2013: Galpin Auto Sports goes blue with widebody Shelby GT500
- Ring Brothers to debut NASCAR-powered 1965 Mustang at SEMA
- Webasto builds custom Mustang to honor fallen soldiers