SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang Build Powered by Women
- SEMA Preview: MagnaCharger to debut new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Creations n' Chrome debuts Top Notch Mustang v2.0
- Ford Racing officially announces TracKey is 50-state legal, available starting today
- SEMA 2014: Mountune 2015 Ford Mustang 'MRX450'
- SEMA 2013: Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords' Hypersilver Mustang
- Ford Mustang named hottest car for 2012 SEMA show
- SEMA 2010: Raceskinz 2011 Mustang GT
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports builds a one-off convertible hardtop 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised "Reversion" Mustang