SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2013: MagnaFlow announces 50-state legal Ford Mustang shorty headers
- SEMA 2012: 281 Motorsports Saleen Speedster
- SEMA Preview: MagnaCharger to debut new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: TCI Engineering 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2010: Pep Boys Speed Shop 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Dynacorn 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible body shell in detail
- 1965 Ford Mustang "Hoonicorn RTR" will star Ken Block's Gymkhana 7
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 3 by Mothers
- SEMA 2014: MAD Industries 2015 Ford Mustang
- CR Supercars debuts 1968 Mustang 'Villain' at SEMA