SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity