SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2013: APR 2012 Ford Mustang Widebody
- Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon" wins Mothers 10th annual Shine Award
- SEMA 2011: Hillbank Motorsports HBR Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- SEMA 2010: Street Scene Equipment 2011 Mustang Convertible
- New Mustang Products at the 2010 SEMA Show
- SEMA 2011: Petty's Garage Signature Series Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Hollywood Hot Rods 2014 Ford Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2010: Hurst announces new Billet/Plus Shifter for the 2011 Mustang GT
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson