SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Ford Racing unleashes Mustang King Cobra Concept
- SEMA 2013: HyperStangs' Hellanor Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Modular Muscle Design 2014 Ford Mustang
- CGS Performance Products teases their 2015 Mustang ahead of SEMA
- SEMA 2011: Filip Trojanek's 1966 Widebody Mustang Race Car
- SEMA 2010: BS Industries 1969 Ford Mustang "The Real Thing"
- SEMA 2012: Justin Pawlak's Formula Drift Mustang
- Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon" wins Mothers 10th annual Shine Award
- SEMA 2013: Classic Recreations shows off Coyote-powered 1967 Shelby GT500CR
- Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound 'Yellow Jacket' Mustang