SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan’s 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
If there was a competition to see what Ford Mustang made the most horsepower at SEMA, Manny Galvan’s 2013 Shelby GT500 would easily come in first place by a significant margin. The stock supercharger has been removed from the 5.8L V8, and in its place a Kenne Bell 3.6L liquid-cooled twin-screw good for 906 horsepower and 889 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels. That’s well over 1,000 horsepower at the flywheel.
Galvan’s GT500 has plenty of other cool goodies as well, including a Shelby widebody kit, numerous carbon fiber body components from Seibon and a set of black HRE 590RS wheels to give it a sinister look. A roll cage has been installed in the interior, as well as a full suede headliner, piano black trim pieces and a full JL audio system to go along with the stock Recaro seats.
You can get a closer look at Galvan’s 1000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody in our photo gallery below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run