Official 2015 Ford Mustang photos leaked on cover of Autoweek
Our very first look at official photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang comes courtesy of Autoweek, whose December 9th issue has arrived earlier than expected with the Mustang on the cover. The article shows numerous studio photos of nearly every angle of Ford’s new pony car, plus a photo of the interior.
In addition to the photos the article provide some new juicy details on the 2015 Mustang. Some information was previously known, like the new independent rear suspension or the availability of the turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine, but there’s plenty of new items as well. A Performance Pack will be available on both the 5.0 and 2.3, adding larger brakes (15-inch, 6-piston for the 5.0, standard GT 14-inch brakes for the 2.3), a Torsen limited-slip differential with 3.55 gears, response-tuned bushings, staggered wheels and additional gauges. Ford says the 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack will be faster than the 2012-2013 Boss 302 on track.
Weight reduction for the new Mustang has long been speculated, and Autoweek says that 200 pounds has been dropped for 2015 in part due to lightweight aluminum fenders. The 2015 Mustang won’t be much smaller than the current generation, though, with the exact same 107.1-inch wheelbase and a similar length. It will be lower and wider, though.
You can see the leaked photos in the article below, and stay tuned for more photos and details as we get closer toward’s the 2015 Mustang’s official reveal on Thursday.
[Source: SVT Performance]
- Video: See how Ford camouflaged its 2015 Mustang prototypes
- Video: Learn what inspired the 2015 Ford Mustang's exterior
- 2015 Ford Mustang GT to get electronic line lock as standard feature
- 2015 Mustang order banks open, pricing starts at $24,425 with destination
- 2015 Mustang makes video game debut in Need for Speed Rivals
- European pre-orders of 2015 Mustang start May 24
- Ford dealer launches 2015 Mustang into space
- Video: The 2015 Ford Mustang stops by Jay Leno's Garage
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang basks in the Southern California sun
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model