Official 2015 Ford Mustang photos leaked on cover of Autoweek
Our very first look at official photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang comes courtesy of Autoweek, whose December 9th issue has arrived earlier than expected with the Mustang on the cover. The article shows numerous studio photos of nearly every angle of Ford’s new pony car, plus a photo of the interior.
In addition to the photos the article provide some new juicy details on the 2015 Mustang. Some information was previously known, like the new independent rear suspension or the availability of the turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine, but there’s plenty of new items as well. A Performance Pack will be available on both the 5.0 and 2.3, adding larger brakes (15-inch, 6-piston for the 5.0, standard GT 14-inch brakes for the 2.3), a Torsen limited-slip differential with 3.55 gears, response-tuned bushings, staggered wheels and additional gauges. Ford says the 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack will be faster than the 2012-2013 Boss 302 on track.
Weight reduction for the new Mustang has long been speculated, and Autoweek says that 200 pounds has been dropped for 2015 in part due to lightweight aluminum fenders. The 2015 Mustang won’t be much smaller than the current generation, though, with the exact same 107.1-inch wheelbase and a similar length. It will be lower and wider, though.
You can see the leaked photos in the article below, and stay tuned for more photos and details as we get closer toward’s the 2015 Mustang’s official reveal on Thursday.
[Source: SVT Performance]
- Ford dealer launches 2015 Mustang into space
- Ford releases official 2015 Mustang horsepower numbers: GT to get 435 hp, Ecoboost 310 hp
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years Appearance Package
- A Ford Mustang will sit atop Empire State Building for 50th anniversary, just like it did in 1965
- Ruby Red 2015 Ford Mustang GT spotted filming tv commercial in Utah
- Video: Tag along with AmericanMuscle.com at the 2015 Mustang's NY debut
- Newly revealed sketches show origins of the 2015 Mustang's design
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Black
- It's official: The Ford Mustang is coming to Europe
- J Mays: 2015 Mustang to get less retro styling, will 'bring the brand forward'