Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
For Mustang fans the highlight of the Barrett-Jackson auction this evening was the sale of the very first production 2015 Ford Mustang. The car you see here that crossed the block, a Mustang GT painted in Deep Impact Blue, isn’t actually the first production Mustang, and the winning bidder will get to choose the trim level and options that he or she wants including the color, interior and transmission.
We had high expectations for the auction, and with the proceeds for the sale going to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation it was no surprise that the bidding quickly escalated into the six figures. Many members of the Mustang team and the JDRF joined the car on stage, urging bidders on to open their wallets just a little bit more. The number finally rested on the $300,000 mark, every bit of which will go to a worthy cause.
You can see our live photos from the 2015 Ford Mustang at Barrett-Jackson in the gallery below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: The 2015 Ford Mustang unveiled at its home in Dearborn, MI
- 2015 Ford Mustang leaked by Car and Driver?
- Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be 'stunning'
- 2015 Mustang to share 2.3-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with Focus RS?
- Ford to showcase 2015 Mustang's new technology features at CES
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang debuts in New York City
- CarBuzz.com offers up latest batch of 2015 Ford Mustang renderings
- Ford Racing offers sneak peek of 2015 Mustang supercharger system
- 2015 Saleen Mustang rendered
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model