Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang “Kona” sells for $148,500
If you’ve ever wanted to buy a car built by the Ring Brothers then Barrett-Jackson is the place to be. The legendary car builders have sold off several of their creations at the Scottsdale auction, and this year was no different with a 1967 Mustang Fastback nicknamed “Kona” up for grabs. The car is actually one of the company’s earlier builds from 2005 and boasts a Roush 402R V8 with 500+ horsepower, a 4-speed automatic transmission, a 9-inch rear end and much more. As far as accolades go “Kona” is up there with the best of them, having been featured in numerous car magazines, winning 12 best of show titles and claiming the the Street Machine of the Year award.
The final selling price of “Kona” $148,500 might seem like a lot, but it’s a relative bargain compared to some of the Ring Brother’s other cars. Just last year their 1970 Mustang “Dragon” sold for an incredible $346,500, and their 1965 Mustang “Producer” netted $286,000.
You can see the car’s full description and live photo gallery below.
Ringbrothers has rocketed into the top ranks of American car builders over the past decade, winning numerous design awards including Best in Show at the 2011 SEMA Show, back-to-back Goodguys Street Machine of the Year awards, multiple Mother’s Shine awards, countless magazine covers and several builds commissioned by OEMs. In the premiere Pro Builders Shoot Out competition presented by Pioneer that was held July 22-24, 2011 at the CAR CRAFT Summer Nationals, the Ringbrothers were victorious as the 2011 CAR CRAFT Magazine Pro Builders of the Year. This wicked street machine goes by the name “Kona.” Using state of the art racing technology, carbon fiber material and special suspension and handling concepts. The famous Ringbrothers of Spring Green, WI sent shockwaves through the Mustang world when they transformed this 1967 Mustang fastback into an award winning Street Machine of the Year and Top Finalist at the 8th Annual Goodguys PPQ Nationals in Columbus, OH. In addition to that, Kona was also the Former Jegs High performance cover car, 2005 SEMA Show ROUSH Racing booth feature Mustang, Super Rod magazine feature car (Dec. 2005), Mustang Monthly magazine cover car, Hot Rod magazine feature car (Feb. 2006) and has claimed 12 Best of Show titles at 12 car shows across the country. What makes this car so unique is the precision combination of original Mustang flare with new design technology materials such as carbon fiber, air ride suspension, ROUSH Racing equipment and parts, BASF laquer paint and special one-off wheels. Powered by a ROUSH 402R V8 with 500+hp, 4-speed automatic transmission and 9″ rear end.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "The Green Hornet" fails to sell at $1.8 million
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, original 1967 Shelby GT500 sells for $192,500
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- Classic Design Concepts Flashback Mustang going to Barrett-Jackson auction in January
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Roush to Auction Final Production P-51A Mustang for Charity
- Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200