Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang “Kona” sells for $148,500
If you’ve ever wanted to buy a car built by the Ring Brothers then Barrett-Jackson is the place to be. The legendary car builders have sold off several of their creations at the Scottsdale auction, and this year was no different with a 1967 Mustang Fastback nicknamed “Kona” up for grabs. The car is actually one of the company’s earlier builds from 2005 and boasts a Roush 402R V8 with 500+ horsepower, a 4-speed automatic transmission, a 9-inch rear end and much more. As far as accolades go “Kona” is up there with the best of them, having been featured in numerous car magazines, winning 12 best of show titles and claiming the the Street Machine of the Year award.
The final selling price of “Kona” $148,500 might seem like a lot, but it’s a relative bargain compared to some of the Ring Brother’s other cars. Just last year their 1970 Mustang “Dragon” sold for an incredible $346,500, and their 1965 Mustang “Producer” netted $286,000.
You can see the car’s full description and live photo gallery below.
Ringbrothers has rocketed into the top ranks of American car builders over the past decade, winning numerous design awards including Best in Show at the 2011 SEMA Show, back-to-back Goodguys Street Machine of the Year awards, multiple Mother’s Shine awards, countless magazine covers and several builds commissioned by OEMs. In the premiere Pro Builders Shoot Out competition presented by Pioneer that was held July 22-24, 2011 at the CAR CRAFT Summer Nationals, the Ringbrothers were victorious as the 2011 CAR CRAFT Magazine Pro Builders of the Year. This wicked street machine goes by the name “Kona.” Using state of the art racing technology, carbon fiber material and special suspension and handling concepts. The famous Ringbrothers of Spring Green, WI sent shockwaves through the Mustang world when they transformed this 1967 Mustang fastback into an award winning Street Machine of the Year and Top Finalist at the 8th Annual Goodguys PPQ Nationals in Columbus, OH. In addition to that, Kona was also the Former Jegs High performance cover car, 2005 SEMA Show ROUSH Racing booth feature Mustang, Super Rod magazine feature car (Dec. 2005), Mustang Monthly magazine cover car, Hot Rod magazine feature car (Feb. 2006) and has claimed 12 Best of Show titles at 12 car shows across the country. What makes this car so unique is the precision combination of original Mustang flare with new design technology materials such as carbon fiber, air ride suspension, ROUSH Racing equipment and parts, BASF laquer paint and special one-off wheels. Powered by a ROUSH 402R V8 with 500+hp, 4-speed automatic transmission and 9″ rear end.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2010: WD-40 unveils custom 2011 Mustang to benefit charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, original 1967 Shelby GT500 sells for $192,500
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 brings $291,500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
- Final 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang to be auctioned off for charity
- Hurst Mustang Convertible pace car to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $247,500
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ sells for $99,000