An inside look at the 2015 Mustang’s EcoBoost engine
While traditional performance enthusiasts might not consider any engine in the Mustang besides a V8, the big powertrain news for 2015 is the addition of a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. At this point Ford has been relatively quiet about specific details for the all new four-cylinder mill, only revealing that it will have more than 305 horsepower and more than 300 lb-ft torque. In fact, Ford hasn’t even released a real photo of the EcoBoost engine (or any engine in the 2015, for that matter).
However, keen-eyed visitors to the Ford booth at the Detroit Auto Show might have spotted a cutaway version of the Mustang’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, highlighting the overall design and new technologies used. We were able to photograph the engine in detail, and we’ve posted some of the highlights below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered...again
- Video: The 2015 Ford Mustang stops by Jay Leno's Garage
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Popular Hot Rodding
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Triple Yellow
- A closer look at the 2015 Ford Mustang powertrain lineup
- Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be 'stunning'
- Galpin Auto Sports virtually customizes the 2015 Ford Mustang
- 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine specs previewed in new Lincoln MKC
- First retail 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson
- 2015 Ford Mustang Official Photos and Details