An inside look at the 2015 Mustang’s EcoBoost engine
While traditional performance enthusiasts might not consider any engine in the Mustang besides a V8, the big powertrain news for 2015 is the addition of a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. At this point Ford has been relatively quiet about specific details for the all new four-cylinder mill, only revealing that it will have more than 305 horsepower and more than 300 lb-ft torque. In fact, Ford hasn’t even released a real photo of the EcoBoost engine (or any engine in the 2015, for that matter).
However, keen-eyed visitors to the Ford booth at the Detroit Auto Show might have spotted a cutaway version of the Mustang’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, highlighting the overall design and new technologies used. We were able to photograph the engine in detail, and we’ve posted some of the highlights below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- Will the 2015 Ford Mustang's 4-cylinder engine be for Europe only?
- Ford to offer body-in-white 2015 Mustang with solid rear axle
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- Exclusive photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang's EcoBoost engine
- TIME Magazine releases new photos of 2015 Ford Mustang
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang basks in the Southern California sun
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- 2015 Ford Mustang to feature innovative new airbag design
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered with Evos design cues
- 2015 Saleen Mustang rendered