An inside look at the 2015 Mustang’s EcoBoost engine
While traditional performance enthusiasts might not consider any engine in the Mustang besides a V8, the big powertrain news for 2015 is the addition of a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. At this point Ford has been relatively quiet about specific details for the all new four-cylinder mill, only revealing that it will have more than 305 horsepower and more than 300 lb-ft torque. In fact, Ford hasn’t even released a real photo of the EcoBoost engine (or any engine in the 2015, for that matter).
However, keen-eyed visitors to the Ford booth at the Detroit Auto Show might have spotted a cutaway version of the Mustang’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, highlighting the overall design and new technologies used. We were able to photograph the engine in detail, and we’ve posted some of the highlights below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- TIME Magazine releases new photos of 2015 Ford Mustang
- Video: Watch the 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible unveiled in Sydney
- CarBuzz.com offers up latest batch of 2015 Ford Mustang renderings
- Ford to offer body-in-white 2015 Mustang with solid rear axle
- A closer look at the 2015 Ford Mustang powertrain lineup
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang basks in the Southern California sun
- 2015 Ford Mustang leaked by Car and Driver?
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- First 1,000 next-gen Mustangs to be limited edition 2014 1/2 models