An inside look at the 2015 Mustang’s EcoBoost engine
While traditional performance enthusiasts might not consider any engine in the Mustang besides a V8, the big powertrain news for 2015 is the addition of a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. At this point Ford has been relatively quiet about specific details for the all new four-cylinder mill, only revealing that it will have more than 305 horsepower and more than 300 lb-ft torque. In fact, Ford hasn’t even released a real photo of the EcoBoost engine (or any engine in the 2015, for that matter).
However, keen-eyed visitors to the Ford booth at the Detroit Auto Show might have spotted a cutaway version of the Mustang’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, highlighting the overall design and new technologies used. We were able to photograph the engine in detail, and we’ve posted some of the highlights below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Take a tour of the 2015 Mustang Convertible's new features
- Steeda renders their own version of the 2015 Mustang
- 2015 Ford Mustang to pace Father's Day NASCAR race
- 2015 Ford Mustang order guide revealed
- 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine specs previewed in new Lincoln MKC
- 2015 Ford Mustang online configurator is up and running
- A Ford Mustang will sit atop Empire State Building for 50th anniversary, just like it did in 1965
- Ford to build and auction off F-35 themed 2015 Mustang for EAA AirVenture
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition debuts in New York
- 2015 Mustang to share 2.3-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with Focus RS?