An inside look at the 2015 Mustang’s EcoBoost engine
While traditional performance enthusiasts might not consider any engine in the Mustang besides a V8, the big powertrain news for 2015 is the addition of a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. At this point Ford has been relatively quiet about specific details for the all new four-cylinder mill, only revealing that it will have more than 305 horsepower and more than 300 lb-ft torque. In fact, Ford hasn’t even released a real photo of the EcoBoost engine (or any engine in the 2015, for that matter).
However, keen-eyed visitors to the Ford booth at the Detroit Auto Show might have spotted a cutaway version of the Mustang’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, highlighting the overall design and new technologies used. We were able to photograph the engine in detail, and we’ve posted some of the highlights below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine specs previewed in new Lincoln MKC
- Ford to build and auction off F-35 themed 2015 Mustang for EAA AirVenture
- Video: Is this the 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost?
- Spied: 2015 Ford Mustang caught testing with independent rear suspension
- A Ford Mustang will sit atop Empire State Building for 50th anniversary, just like it did in 1965
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb
- Photo Gallery: Ford shows off 2015 Mustang in Ingot Silver
- European pre-orders of 2015 Mustang start May 24
- Cobra Jet to continue on as part of next generation Ford Mustang
- Ford to drop V6 engine option for 2015 Mustang?