Video: Mustang countdown looks back at 20 years of SVT
Ford has uploaded the most recent video in its “Mustang Countdown” series, and this time the spotlight has been put on the Special Vehicle Team, or SVT. The history of the modern Mustang has been significantly shaped by this small group of engineers, creating legends like the SVT Cobra and the modern day Shelby GT500. While the team has worked on other Ford vehicles as well, like the F-150 or Focus, they will always be best known for their high performance versions of the Mustang.
SVT has had a few pretty cool one-off projects over the years as well, and this video takes a look at two of them – the 10-liter Boss Mustang and the ethanol-powered Super Stallion Mustang. Both were built under the supervision of the then-SVT boss John Coletti, who led the team for a full decade. Current SVT chief engineer Jamal Hameedi hosts the video, who talks about those one-off projects and his daily driver, a 2014 Shelby GT500. Just click the play button below to watch.
- Camp Steeda / SVTOA 2008
- SVT Performance Package ups the ante for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Photo Gallery: 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R at the Chicago Auto Show
- Cobra to replace Shelby GT500 for next generation SVT Mustang?
- SVT celebrates its 20th anniversary
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1