Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Video: Ford's countdown series honors Carroll Shelby
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Live photos of the 2011 Shelby GT500 from the Chicago Auto Show
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake going up for auction in May