Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Shelby builds one-off GT500 Super Snake 'Need for Speed' Edition
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible to be unveiled in Detroit next month
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S