Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Video: Motor Trend finds out if the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake's 850 horsepower is too much
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Shelby wrapping up production of 427 Super Snake and 40th Anniversary packages for the GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Ford to auction first 2016 Shelby GT350R for charity
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- Video: This amazing, functional Shelby GT500 is built entirely out of Legos
- Shelby launches online configurator for the GT500 Super Snake
- Shelby American opens up new Speed Shop at Las Vegas facility
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500