Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- Classic Recreations announces GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations reveals 1966 Shelby GT350CR, will auction off prototype in August
- SEMA 2013: Classic Recreations shows off Coyote-powered 1967 Shelby GT500CR
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Classic Recreations reveals first GT500CR in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars