Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- SVT celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- Video: Motor Trend finds out if the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake's 850 horsepower is too much
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- New Product: Shelby 'Venice' Wheel for the 2005+ Ford Mustang
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Mint 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible nets $308,000
- Video: Ford's countdown series honors Carroll Shelby
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme