Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- MGW announces details, pricing for its new Shelby GT500 shifter
- Video: Modified Shelby GT500 Super Snake does 220 mph in the standing mile
- Shelby donating 2014 GT500 Super Snake package for cancer research
- 2nd Annual Carroll Shelby Car Show & Tribute
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- 1965 Shelby GT350R sells for $990,000 at RM auction
- New Product: Shelby Fuel Rail Kit for the 2005-2010 Mustang GT
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2010: Corsa announces 2011 Shelby GT500 exhaust system