Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- 1965 Shelby GT350R added to RM's auction in Monterey
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2013: Ice Nine 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Second production 2011 Shelby GT350 to be auctioned for charity
- Video: Tasca Mod Shop shows off Ford Racing's 750 horsepower Shelby GT500 supercharger
- Shelby announces widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Ford Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Shelby wrapping up production of 427 Super Snake and 40th Anniversary packages for the GT500