Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- RK Motors debuts custom 1967 Shelby GT500 RK527
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Shelby announces widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Ford Mustang
- Video: 1966 Shelby GT350 vs Microcar drag race
- Ford Mustangs take to the track at SAAC 38
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500