Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- 2011 Shelby GT350 to serve as pace car for NASCAR Las Vegas race
- Ford announces return of the Shelby GT500KR for 2008
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- Shelby GT350 to be featured at 2015 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S