Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
- 2012 Shelby 1000 revealed ahead of official New York debut
- SEMA 2010: Corsa announces 2011 Shelby GT500 exhaust system
- Shelby to unveil EcoBoost-powered car at Detroit Auto Show?
- Select Shelby GT500KR parts now available from Ford Racing
- 2013 Shelby 1000 previewed ahead of New York Auto Show debut
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- New Product: JMS 2.4-inch supercharger pulley for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- Featured: 2012 Shelby 1000 Widebody