Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
If you like the idea of the classic Shelby Mustang shape with a modern twist, then you have to check out this car built by Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations. The company has taken its Shelby GT500CR model, which normally features a vintage 427ci V8, and stuffed with a modern Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. We originally showed you the car when it debuted at the SEMA Show back in November, but now we have plenty of new beauty shots for you showing every detail of the bright red fastback.
Of course, the Coyote V8 isn’t the only modern component of the GT500CR. The car also features a full coilover suspension system, rack & pinion steering and Baer slotted and cross-drilled disc brakes. The look of the car is all vintage, though, from the woodgrain and aluminum steering wheel to the high-back Rally Series seats.
You can check out all the details of the Coyote-powered Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in the photo gallery below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Shelby GT500 Super Snake to star in 'Getaway' movie, win your own in sweepstakes
- Shelby to unveil new Mustang at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "The Green Hornet" fails to sell at $1.8 million
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Video: Modified Shelby GT500 Super Snake does 220 mph in the standing mile
- Shelby GT350 to be featured at 2015 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show