Exclusive photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang’s EcoBoost engine
The Chicago Auto Show opened its doors for the first of two media days today, and we joined the ranks of the automotive press to see the car company’s latest wares. As you might expect we headed straight to the Ford booth to see what sort of Mustangs they had on display, and imagine our surprise when we spotted the hood open on a 2015 EcoBoost model. So far Ford has yet to willingly open the hood on any 2015 Mustang’s we’ve seen, so we rushed over to check out the exposed engine.
While our photos show the best view yet of the EcoBoost four-cylinder, we have doubts that what you see here is a completely finished product. We imagine there will be a few more refinements on production cars for a cleaner look. For added perspective you can see the EcoBoost engine itself in more detail here.
You can check out our photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang’s EcoBoost engine below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- 2015 Mustang order banks open, pricing starts at $24,425 with destination
- Video: See how Ford camouflaged its 2015 Mustang prototypes
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Deep Impact Blue
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered...again
- 2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Triple Yellow
- 2015 Ford Mustang to pace Father's Day NASCAR race
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Car and Driver
- Video: Take a tour of the 2015 Mustang Convertible's new features
- Video: 50 Years of Ford Mustang evolution