Exclusive photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang’s EcoBoost engine
The Chicago Auto Show opened its doors for the first of two media days today, and we joined the ranks of the automotive press to see the car company’s latest wares. As you might expect we headed straight to the Ford booth to see what sort of Mustangs they had on display, and imagine our surprise when we spotted the hood open on a 2015 EcoBoost model. So far Ford has yet to willingly open the hood on any 2015 Mustang’s we’ve seen, so we rushed over to check out the exposed engine.
While our photos show the best view yet of the EcoBoost four-cylinder, we have doubts that what you see here is a completely finished product. We imagine there will be a few more refinements on production cars for a cleaner look. For added perspective you can see the EcoBoost engine itself in more detail here.
You can check out our photos of the 2015 Ford Mustang’s EcoBoost engine below.
Photos © 2014 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: Ford shows off 2015 Mustang in Ingot Silver
- Cobra Jet to continue on as part of next generation Ford Mustang
- 2015 Ford Mustang makes first public European appearance at Geneva Motor Show
- Video: Listen to the roar of the 2015 Mustang GT's V8
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible in Magnetic
- 2015 Mustang to be offered in right-hand drive, European version won't get the 5.0L V8?
- New report suggests 2015 Mustang four-cylinder to be available in U.S. after all, will be more powerful than the V6
- Ford to drop V6 engine option for 2015 Mustang?
- Turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang to make a return in 2015?
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Deep Impact Blue