Video: Take a tour of the 2015 Mustang Convertible’s new features
Ford dropped all the details on the new 2015 Mustang Convertible last month, and now they followed that up with a video that highlights some of the features and improvements to the drop top. The convertible model accounts for 20 percent of Mustang sales, so it was essential that Ford upgrade the packaging to compete in the current market.
First up is the trunk, which Ford’s North American car marketing manager Steve Ling explains actually has more usable space thanks to the lower and wider stance of the car. As seen in the video, two golf bags easily fit in the space even with the top down.
Next, product development engineer Ron Lovasz goes over the improved quality of materials and functionality. Owners of current generation Mustang convertibles will be jealous to see a centrally located single-latch system, as opposed the current dual-latch system, and their likely to be envious of the high quality all cloth top that not only looks better but is quieter than the current cloth and vinyl top.
Finally, the video shows how much quicker the function of the new convertible top is compared to the current model with a side-by-side comparison of both in action.
You can watch for yourself below.
- 2015 Mustang will be first Ford to feature next generation SYNC AppLink system
- Ford to offer body-in-white 2015 Mustang with solid rear axle
- First image of 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang released
- The 2015 Ford Mustang by the numbers
- Video: Learn what inspired the 2015 Ford Mustang's exterior
- Ford dealer launches 2015 Mustang into space
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang prototype caught on camera
- 2015 Ford Mustang makes first public European appearance at Geneva Motor Show
- Will the 2015 Mustang actually weigh more?
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible in Magnetic