Video: Take a tour of the 2015 Mustang Convertible’s new features
Ford dropped all the details on the new 2015 Mustang Convertible last month, and now they followed that up with a video that highlights some of the features and improvements to the drop top. The convertible model accounts for 20 percent of Mustang sales, so it was essential that Ford upgrade the packaging to compete in the current market.
First up is the trunk, which Ford’s North American car marketing manager Steve Ling explains actually has more usable space thanks to the lower and wider stance of the car. As seen in the video, two golf bags easily fit in the space even with the top down.
Next, product development engineer Ron Lovasz goes over the improved quality of materials and functionality. Owners of current generation Mustang convertibles will be jealous to see a centrally located single-latch system, as opposed the current dual-latch system, and their likely to be envious of the high quality all cloth top that not only looks better but is quieter than the current cloth and vinyl top.
Finally, the video shows how much quicker the function of the new convertible top is compared to the current model with a side-by-side comparison of both in action.
You can watch for yourself below.
- Ford to offer body-in-white 2015 Mustang with solid rear axle
- Newly revealed sketches show origins of the 2015 Mustang's design
- 2015 Ford Mustang to be officially revealed in December
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- Ford to build and auction off F-35 themed 2015 Mustang for EAA AirVenture
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Deep Impact Blue
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang basks in the Southern California sun
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition debuts in New York
- 2015 Ford Mustang to pace Father's Day NASCAR race
- Check out the entire 2015 Ford Mustang color palette