Newly revealed sketches show origins of the 2015 Mustang’s design
If you were curious about how Ford designers came up with the 2015 Mustang’s design, then these newly released sketches might give you a clue to the process. We’ve actually seen the sketches before – on the cell phone of a Ford employee at an auto show – but thanks to www.carbodydesign.com they are now available to download in large format on the internet. The drawings were done by Bosnian designer Kemal Curić and were posted as part of an interview with him about the 2015 Mustang.
A look at the sketches shows many of the styling elements that made it into production, from the slim headlights to the fastback to the tri-bar taillights. The production version seems to have lost some of the aggressiveness of the earlier sketches, although that’s to be expected.
You can check out all of the sketches below, or head over to www.carbodydesign.com to read the full interview.
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible in Magnetic
- Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be 'stunning'
- Is this the best looking 2015 Mustang rendering yet?
- Steeda renders their own version of the 2015 Mustang
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb
- First image of 2015 Saleen 302 Mustang released
- An inside look at the 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost engine
- 2015 Ford Mustang to get 2.3-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder with 310 horsepower?
- 2015 Mustang to be offered in right-hand drive, European version won't get the 5.0L V8?