2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
Variants of the 2015 Ford Mustang will surely come in the next couple years – Ford is already testing the SVT version due for 2016, likely a Shelby GT350, and we’ve heard rumors of an upcoming Mach 1 variant for 2017 as well. For most of us, though, that’s just not soon enough. Thankfully AmericanMuscle.com has come up with a few renderings of what some different models could look like using some legendary Mustangs as inspiration.
First there’s the Bullitt. Inspired by the 1968 Mustang GT used in the film starring Steve McQueen, the Bullitt concept takes cues from the original and the two production versions built in 2001 and 2008-2009. Everything is subtle, from the Highland Green paint to the blacked out grille. It makes us wish Ford would build one right now.
Next up is Eleanor. Perhaps the most copied design in the Mustang’s history, the car takes its styling cues from the 1967 Shelby GT500 that starred in Gone in 60 Seconds. The car features Eleanor’s signature silver paint with black stripes, front fog lights, open headlights, side exhaust and Shelby-style wheels. We doubt Ford would produce this, but we don’t doubt some Mustang owners will build it themselves.
Finally there’s the Iacocca. More of a modern take – just 45 examples were produced in 2009 – the Iacocca was coachbuilt by the legendary company Metalcrafters. Like the 2009 version, this concept features brilliant silver paint, chrome 5-spoke wheels, an aggressive front overhang. The fastback shape of the original Iacocca is already in place thanks to the 2015 Mustang’s new design.
Like what you see? You can actually head over to AmericanMuscle.com and vote for your favorite.
- Ford to drop V6 engine option for 2015 Mustang?
- Ford dealer launches 2015 Mustang into space
- 2015 Ford Mustang GT to get electronic line lock as standard feature
- Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be 'stunning'
- Whipple previews 700 horsepower 2015 Mustang supercharger system
- 2015 Mustang order banks open, pricing starts at $24,425 with destination
- New report suggests 2015 Mustang four-cylinder to be available in U.S. after all, will be more powerful than the V6
- Ford to offer body-in-white 2015 Mustang with solid rear axle
- Galpin Auto Sports virtually customizes the 2015 Ford Mustang
- A Ford Mustang will sit atop Empire State Building for 50th anniversary, just like it did in 1965