2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
Variants of the 2015 Ford Mustang will surely come in the next couple years – Ford is already testing the SVT version due for 2016, likely a Shelby GT350, and we’ve heard rumors of an upcoming Mach 1 variant for 2017 as well. For most of us, though, that’s just not soon enough. Thankfully AmericanMuscle.com has come up with a few renderings of what some different models could look like using some legendary Mustangs as inspiration.
First there’s the Bullitt. Inspired by the 1968 Mustang GT used in the film starring Steve McQueen, the Bullitt concept takes cues from the original and the two production versions built in 2001 and 2008-2009. Everything is subtle, from the Highland Green paint to the blacked out grille. It makes us wish Ford would build one right now.
Next up is Eleanor. Perhaps the most copied design in the Mustang’s history, the car takes its styling cues from the 1967 Shelby GT500 that starred in Gone in 60 Seconds. The car features Eleanor’s signature silver paint with black stripes, front fog lights, open headlights, side exhaust and Shelby-style wheels. We doubt Ford would produce this, but we don’t doubt some Mustang owners will build it themselves.
Finally there’s the Iacocca. More of a modern take – just 45 examples were produced in 2009 – the Iacocca was coachbuilt by the legendary company Metalcrafters. Like the 2009 version, this concept features brilliant silver paint, chrome 5-spoke wheels, an aggressive front overhang. The fastback shape of the original Iacocca is already in place thanks to the 2015 Mustang’s new design.
Like what you see? You can actually head over to AmericanMuscle.com and vote for your favorite.
- New Product: MRT 1968 Bullitt-style hood for the 2005-2009 Mustang
- Ford Mustangs to be featured next week on Velocity Channel's Legendary Motorcar
- Tim Allen's 2008 Mustang Bullitt up for auction on eBay
- Road Test: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
- 2013 Mustang Bullitt rendered
- SEMA 2013: Hotchkis shows off new classic Mustang suspension system with Bullitt chase scene
- Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
- Hotchkis to put Bullitt chase scene on display at SEMA
- Readers' Rides: Rich Trost's 2012 Mustang Boss 302 and 2001 Mustang Bullitt
- Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor Hero Car sells for cool $1 million