2014 Ford Mustang production ends today
The very last 2014 Ford Mustang rolled off the line at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant today, marking the end of a ten year run for the S197 Mustang platform. Nearly one million examples of the car have been produced since its introduction as a 2005 model, representing more than ten percent of overall Mustang production. The retooling of the plant will begin immediately in preparation for the 2015 Mustang, which will start production later this summer.
Some interesting facts about the S197 Mustang:
- 2006 was the best selling model year with 166,530 sold. Coming in a close second is 2005 with 160,975, followed by 2007 with 134,626 sold.
- Black has been the best selling color with 23.2 percent of Mustangs coming in that color. Red is second with 22.1 percent, followed by Silver with 20.6 percent.
- The S197 platform will not only be known for its retro styling but also for bringing back some legendary special editions including the Shelby GT500, Bullitt and Boss 302
- The final 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible was auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity, raising $500,000 for the Brain Injury Association of America
- The S197 Mustang was quite a successful race car as well, winning championships in Grand-Am, Pirelli World Challenge, SCCA, NHRA and more. The Boss 302S, Boss 302R and Cobra Jet Mustangs are all produced alongside the standard Mustangs at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant.
- 2014 Ford Mustang configurator goes live
- 2014 Ford Mustang and Shelby GT500 order guides released, no more Boss 302
- Roush announces updated Mustang lineup for 2014 including Aluminator engine option
- 2014 Mustang gets rendered, new details revealed
- The 2014 Mustang with the new FP6 Appearance Package is one hot pony car
- Turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang to make a return in 2015?
- Five reasons why Ford should have built a 2014 Mustang Boss 351
- 2014 Ford Mustang, Shelby GT500 pricing released
- Photo Gallery: 2014 Ford Mustang with FP6 Appearance Package
- 2014 Mustang to get new colors, options