Ford to build and auction off F-35 themed 2015 Mustang for EAA AirVenture
Ford has had a long and successful partnership with EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI, sponsoring the event and exhibited vehicles in the Ford hangar. For the last six years they have also auctioned a one-off Mustang, donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity. Previous year’s themes for the custom Mustangs have included the SR-71 Blackbird, Blue Angels, the Red Tails, and the USAF Thunderbirds.
This year looks to feature a very special car as well, as Ford is building a special 2015 Mustang inspired by the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II. The car features a glossy and matte titanium paint scheme with blue and yellow accents, carbon fiber front splitter, rear diffuser, Recaro seats and various F-35 Lightning II design elements both inside and out.
The car will be auctioned off at the Gathering of Eagles charity event at EAA AirVenture, with the proceeds being donated to the EAA Young Eagles program. The nonprofit has provided free flights to nearly two million young people since 1992, creating a new generation of aviation enthusiasts and innovators.
- 2015 Mustang will be first Ford to feature next generation SYNC AppLink system
- Video: Tag along with AmericanMuscle.com at the 2015 Mustang's NY debut
- 2015 Ford Mustang face fully revealed in new spy photos
- First retail 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson
- 2015 Ford Mustang GT to get electronic line lock as standard feature
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang prototype caught on camera
- Ford to drop V6 engine option for 2015 Mustang?
- Ford Racing offers sneak peek of 2015 Mustang supercharger system
- First ride impressions of 2015 Mustang EcoBoost hit the web
- Galpin Auto Sports virtually customizes the 2015 Ford Mustang